Sign in to follow this  
Tech priest support

white castle fish nibblers

I was at a convention 3 wks ago and it was held near a white castle. Since it was the only place open I had to get something to eat there.

They had "fish nibblers" on the menu. I tried some. Basically fried fish nuggets. Pretty good, actually. I recommend them as a good tasting and possibly not unhealthy option on the white castle menu.

Sadly, there doesn't appear to be a White Castle in my time zone.  The closest ones, according to the website, are in Las Vegas or Minneapolis.

Sadly, there doesn't appear to be a White Castle in my time zone.  The closest ones, according to the website, are in Las Vegas or Minneapolis.

All I heard was "road trip".

I haven't been to the two here in Las Vegas, but if you do manage a road trip here, let me know.

The White Castle on the Strip is open 24 hours, and is very busy. The downtown location just opened last month

I'll keep it in mind in case I'm ever forced to go to White Castle.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants to open a White Castle, Burger King, and Dairy Queen under one roof. Next to a Knight's Inn.

The palindromedary wants to open a White Castle, Burger King, and Dairy Queen under one roof. Next to a Knight's Inn.

... across the street from a pawnshop, in Bishopsgate, and I assume you'll call it The Rookery?

And if you do, will you have a special called the Fried Liver Attack?

... across the street from a pawnshop, in Bishopsgate, and I assume you'll call it The Rookery?

And if you do, will you have a special called the Fried Liver Attack?

I am board with chess puns but it's feudal think of taking you to court instead.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary admits that fried liver sounds good.

I am board with chess puns but it's feudal think of taking you to court instead.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary admits that fried liver sounds good.

Vila Algarve does a wonderful Portugese chicken liver appetizer. The rest of the food's really good, too. Family run, and not for folks who are in a hurry.

I haven't eaten at Grease Castle in 10 years...much time was spent on the toilet every time I did so.

Yeah, greasy food does that to me too.

And Mexican food, although the results are much more violent to my digestive system.

Am I the only one who thinks "White Castle Fish Nibblers" Sounds like a sliding trap into a pool of death...

And how, exactly, would that be different from eating at White Castle?

I've never had to sit on the toilet after White Castle, because I just throw the burgers straight into the toilet.  Eliminate the middle-man.

I always thought the palindromedary was a herbivore

It's actually a VERBivore

Lucius Alexander

Maybe it was Herb's liver.

Uh oh - you took the words right out of its mouth!

Never ate at White Castle. Come to think of it, I don't even know if I've even seen one of their chain stores. Looking at Ye Old Website, it looks like White Castle has restaurants (none nearby) but also sells food (frozen?) at various grocery stores. Hurm. I wouldn't like fish bites, but then I don't really like fish. Be interesting to try out food from an actual restaurant but not going to bring home frozen variants.

The frozen burgers they have in restaurants are, if you can believe this, even worse than the ones at the restaurant.  I couldn't even finish one tiny burger.  Absolutely godawful, I cannot understand how they stay open except for drunk college students wanting something to eat late at night.  Kind of like Jack In The Box's "food for when you're stoned" business model.

During my two years in Indiana, I was in range of a White castle. Think I tried it once. I don't recall any serious bad aftereffects, but I was rather underwhelmed by what I had, and I had a number of places I'd rather buy from.