Nolgroth

Hallowe'en Gaming Plans

So here it is just a little over a week until Hallowe'en. When I had a consistent gaming face-to-face group, I would try to set up some sort of Ravenloft, Call of Cthulhu or other horror-themed game for Hallowe'en. Hasn't happened in several years due to work constraints. I rarely used to get holidays, of any importance, off. This year, being unemployed, I find that I will have Hallowe'en off but not have a group. I was about to give up on the holiday until I ran into the Pathfinder Humble Bundle going on (still has about 2 days left if you are interested). Amongst the books in the bundle were Classic Horrors Revisited, Blood of the Moon (werewolves) and Blood of the Night (vampires). So now my gaming needs for Hallowe'en are going to be reading these books with some spooky music in the background and the lights turned down. They are PDF copies so I will have to use either my computer or tablet. I'd much rather read the hardcopy but there you go.

Given time, I might also go back and play with my Tarokka deck, read some of the older Secrets of the Kargatane stuff, or something similar. I even have a few hard copy horror-themed RPG books.

So those are my plans. What are yours?  You can even include non-gaming ones if you like.

As usual, a sacrifice to a couple of major Cthonic Deities.

I miss having a Circle to practice with.

I'm getting too old to stand vigil.

Lucius Alexander

But maybe the palindromedary can.....

On a weeknight ... too busy for gaming on a weeknight this term. Sigh. I'll probably be grading papers and answering the door for trickertreeters.

That sucks. Any Hallowe'en gaming the weekend prior? Hell, the weekend after?

Considering I make a yearly Halloween thread I'm going to shock you. No gaming plans. The neighborhood does a group candy giving out event to the trick or treaters. I understand we've become rather famous for it. It's rather fun except for one thing. I go in costume which annoys a neighbor lady. Last year she was taking pictures of everyone, and refered to me as the person she doesn't like. Wheres Micheal Myers when you need him?

Probably trick n treating with the kids and definitely work.

This. There will be a Flash and an inflatable Baymax. I may dress as a pack mule since I wind up carrying everything anyway.

I think we've only got a couple more years of trick-or-treating left before we age out. I will then have to devise some ingenious and cruel booby traps for visitors to the house.

My regular Tuesday gaming night has been called off next week due to the GM having to work. Halloween's not strictly an Australian tradition (heck, our autumnal equinox is at the end of April... for those parts of the country that actually have four seasons), but I'll likely tip the hat and run an undead Bloodbowl 2 team or something. Or Sims 3 with Supernatural turned on.

Pokémon Go is into the spirit. The generation 3 Ghost types have turned up and it's double candies all around!

So basically Cygnia is a serial killer?

Look, just because I have a library filled with true crime books and currently have Discovery ID right now does NOT make me a serial killer! :eg:

(Actually, I've yet to play the killer.  The husband's done it twice, lucky bastard!)

I was hoping to run a Vampire: the Masquerade game, but it looks like it won't happen. I have to work that day anyway, and one of my friends is working late.

That sucks, er.....or doesn't. :)

Sorry about your plans falling through.

Considering I make a yearly Halloween thread I'm going to shock you. No gaming plans. The neighborhood does a group candy giving out event to the trick or treaters. I understand we've become rather famous for it. It's rather fun except for one thing. I go in costume which annoys a neighbor lady. Last year she was taking pictures of everyone, and refered to me as the person she doesn't like. Wheres Micheal Myers when you need him?

I think he's writing another Austin Powers movie.