Thor: Ragnarok spoiler thread

Bazza

Okay. I DID see it. 

And yes , I thought the guys behind this movie really should do a Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers movie. That's a compliment btw.

Favorite line? " YES! That's what it feels like!"-Loki

Some of the plot I saw coming but I truly enjoyed some of the character interaction

ODIN: Thor Odinson, do you swear to guard the Nine Realms?

THOR: I swear.

ODIN: Do you swear to preserve the peace?

ODIN: Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and pledge yourself only to the good of all the Realms?

Thor makes good on these promises/vows in Thor Ragnarok. In subsequent MCU appearances to Thor, he upholds these sworn values, which not only makes him a hero, and worthy, he truely earns the title All-Father that was made graphically obvious in the third film. 

I like my comic book movies to be mostly-serious, with occasional bits of humor.  Ragnarok went way over my usual limit, and I still loved it.  I think it helps that they set the humorous tone in the opening scene, with Thor explaining to his long-dead cell-mate. And I think the script-writer really knew how to make it work.  I just wish they hadn't spoiled some of the best funny scenes in the trailers.  All the best verbal competition between Hulk and Thor were in the trailers... raging fire/smoldering fire, "who won" "I did" "That doesn't seem right," etc.

There was a lot to like about this movie...  my only real issue is, as another reviewer put it elsewhere, it felt like two different movies crammed together.  The invasion and destruction of Asgard is a serious thing, and they spent little time dealing with that.  I suspect this was intentionally a light interlude before The Infinity Gauntlet, which I expect to be much more serious.

Will the Revengers be transformed into Thanos's Black Order? This theory is likely no, but intriguing. 

"in terms of physical stature and broad “type” the two sets of four actually line up eerily well: Corvus Glaive is a well-built weapon-master, much the same as Heimdall. Proxima Midnight is a smaller-framed but muscular woman, similar to Valkyrie. Ebony Maw is a thin, lanky guy who prefers deception and “magic” trickery to combat; just like Loki – in fact, his outfit even looks like one of Loki’s (and Proxima’s armor is similar in pattern to Valkyrie’s, too.) Most eyebrow-raising, however, is Cull Obsidian; a new character created for the film but “inspired by” Black Dwarf from the comics and different from him in at least one key respect: He’s a lot bigger… in fact, he’s the same height and build as The Incredible Hulk."

https://screenrant.com/thor-3-ragnarok-post-credits-infinity-war-children-thanos/2/