The Reformed not likely to be used continuing NaNoWriMo thread

Hermit

They're doing a NaNoWriMo effort on campus this year, but as always I will not be participating.  I had thoughts about it back in the summer, and then in late July I was given another course, one I hadn't taught since 2010, so I am reinventing wheels for that.  (Last November was sacrificed to creation of the document package for getting myself promoted, which did succeed, but it consumed my November entirely.)

November doesn't really seem to be the best month for it. I guess maybe that's the point, to write even if your crunched for time.

I'm still trying to decide what to write, so not off to a great start here. I may just sit down today and start writing the first thing that pops into my head. (Then hope nobody reads it and has me hauled off to an asylum.)

58 minutes ago, Pattern Ghost said:

November doesn't really seem to be the best month for it. I guess maybe that's the point, to write even if your crunched for time.

I'm still trying to decide what to write, so not off to a great start here. I may just sit down today and start writing the first thing that pops into my head. (Then hope nobody reads it and has me hauled off to an asylum.)

Need ideas? Here's one

----------------

Sgt Badger and the Ewok Hunterz! The Alliance thought they were allies. They thought they were pastoral warriors who only wanted to live in peace, but the Ewoks are much more than that.

So much more.

Now armed supplied with old Empire Tech and Alliance R&D the Ewoks seek to grow their own empire. They have struck without warning, without mercy! Dangerous Terraforming tech is unleashed, transforming every planet into a forest planet, and non Ewoks are sprouting leaves! It's up to Sgt. Badger and the Ewok Hunters to invade the home moon of the Ewoks, find the master control to this new new weapons, and destroy it! 

(problem? Badger may sue)

My first night's efforts ended with a massive 565 words.

I decided to try Nanowrimo this year to try to kickstart my writing. I've spent more than a year dealing with a disintegrating marriage, a separation, and ultimately a divorce. Unsurprisingly, I've had very little left over for writing. But it has been about a year since I moved out of the apartment I shared with my ex (into my current Fortress of Solitude), and we're officially divorced now (for several months). I'm ready to try again.

Tonight's effort was very difficult, as I expected. I made a couple of false starts before writing what I officially claim. And I may very well scrap that and start again tomorrow. I'd like to get 50,000 words done on a novel, but if I just get back into the habit of sitting down and trying to write, I'll count that as a win.

Time for a break. I'm starting to edit, and that's the killer. They keep saying "Just write, don't care what it says, it doesn't have to be perfect. Just write!" So this could be nigh unreadable, but apparently December is reserved for editing. (Artists get Inktober, which is a much more convenient month for this kind of exercise. The bums.)