Tech priest support

TV characters you base game characters on.

Name and describe a TV character you would like to base a RPG character on.

I'd go with Bobby Goren from "L&O criminal intent". I really liked him because he was a very good but flawed and troubled character. He had issues with schizophrenia and other inner demons which came along with his great intelligence. He was a mix of sherlock Holmes and columbo, with some real, serious issues like being generally asocial, schizophrenic and having rage issues. He also had hulking size which maybe kept him from being bullied too much as a kid. 

He was also apparently a "monster magnet" who attracted a lot of downright evil characters to him. Plus those close to him seemed to be tragedy magnets. He had a lot to carry and sometimes slipped but always had a strong moral code and empathy for victims.

A real flawed, tragic hero.

In a Star Wars game I once based a Y-wing commander on Tommy Lee Jones's portrayal of the Commander of Attack helicopters in the movie Fire Birds.   

Texas drawl, cadence and word choice, stance,  mannerisms, the whole bit.  Very popular NPC, but that was less about the character than the actor.

Long, long ago, back in the early days of 4e, I statted out Artemus Gordon and James West for a campaign.

A while back, my wife ran a character inspired by Annie Walker from Covert Affairs.

I have ripped off M*A*S*H* (The TV show) for more NPCs than I care to admit as a Game master.

Not always as doctors either. Col. Sherman T. Potter (Under a different name) as a PRIMUS Commander ready to retire but always at least willing to listen to supehreroes was quite respected by the players, which I'd like to think meant I got it right.

Charles Emerson Winchester makes a wonderful AI.

I actually did borrow Father Mulcahy for a paladin  I got to play, if you're going to steal, steal from the best. But it could be tricky being that darn nice all the time.

That would be a write up I would like to see.

Looking over the build, I was understating his power.  I toned him back a little from his full display of abilities from the cartoon and he's still really, really powerful.  Superman-level.  He started as a "peacekeeper" a sort of space cop, ended up getting the bands from an alien, and got an "Inviso-Belt" from some secret police kind of guys.  He was the best of the Peacekeepers, so he's got a lot of training and skill.  The Attacks I mostly bundled into a single really expensive 12d6 blast with variable special effects and advantages to represent the ways he's used it in the past.  His force field should probably be higher, but its pretty immense as is.  He routinely flys around in base mode of 8 PD/ED force field that the Power Bands give constantly.  Most of his attacks require him to push the 3 buttons on his wrist in various combinations, so they have gestures.  Technically people could take his belt and power bands but I don't remember it ever happening so I gave them IIF for most of the powers; its not clear the bands give him x-ray vision or flight for example.

SPACE GHOST

Val    Char   Cost    Roll     Notes

40    STR       8       17-      Lift 6400.0kg; 8d6 [4]

17    DEX     14      12-      OCV:  5/DCV:  5

18    CON      8       13-

18    INT        8       13-      PER Roll 13-

10    EGO      0       11-      ECV:  3 - 3

20    PRE      10      13-      PRE Attack:  4d6

5     OCV     10     

5     DCV     10     

3     OMCV  0      

3     DMCV  0      

4     SPD      20                  Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12

6+30 PD          4                   Total:  6/36 PD (0/30 rPD)

6+80 ED         4                   Total:  6/86 ED (0/80 rED)

7     REC      3

35    END      3

10    BODY   0

30    STUN    5       Total Characteristic Cost:  107

Cost   Powers                                                                                   END

Invso-Belt                                                                                     

48      Inviso-Belt:  Desolidification , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (60 Active Points); IIF (-¼) 0

20      Inviso-Belt:  Invisibility to Sight Group , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (30 Active Points); IIF (-¼), Decreased effect against technological detection (-¼)                                                     0

Power bands                                                                                 

19      Basic Defense Screen:  Resistant Protection (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); IIF (-¼)               0

12      Viso Penetron Beam:  Penetrative (blocked by lead) with Sight Group (15 Active Points); IIF (-¼)        0

51      Force Field:  Resistant Protection (22 PD/22 ED) (Protect Carried Items) (76 Active Points); IIF (-¼), Gestures (-¼)        0

19      Heat Force Shield:  Resistant Protection (25 ED) (39 Active Points); Cold Only (-½), IIF (-¼), Gestures (-¼)      0

19      Freeze Force Field:  Resistant Protection (25 ED) (39 Active Points); Heat Only (-½), IIF (-¼), Gestures (-¼)    0

45      Flight:  Flight 15m, Position Shift, x8 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (45 Active Points)            0

35      Flight:  Faster-Than-Light Travel (15 Light Years/hour) (44 Active Points); IIF (-¼)                0

15      Strength Augmentation:  +22 STR, Custom Modifier (+0) (22 Active Points); IIF (-¼), Concentration (½ DCV; -¼)         2

8         Recharge:  Aid  Endurance 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1) (24 Active Points); Only Restores To Starting Values (-½), Only for mechanical or technological devices (-½), Only to Aid Others (-½), IIF (-¼), Gestures (-¼)                                                                                                  2

13      Sensors:  Detect Invisible objects A Class Of Things 9- (Unusual Group), Range, Targeting (20 Active Points); IIF (-¼), Gestures (-¼)                                                                                               0

115         Power Bands:  Multipower, 135-point reserve, all slots Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (202 Active Points); all slots OIF (-½), Gestures (-¼)

9f       1)  Ray (varies):  Blast 12d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; +¼), Variable Advantage (+½ Advantages; +1) (135 Active Points); IIF (-¼), Gestures (-¼)                          0

2f       2)  Energy-Enhanced Strike:  Hand-To-Hand Attack +7 ½d6 (38 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-¼), IIF (-¼), Gestures (-¼)                                                                                               0

4f       3)  Magnetic Ray:  Telekinesis (50 STR) (75 Active Points); Only vs metallic objects (-½), IIF (-¼), Gestures (-¼)             0

9f       4)  Stun Beam:  Drain STUN 6 ½d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1) (130 Active Points); IIF (-¼), Gestures (-¼)                                                                      0

5f       5)  Locking Ray:  Entangle 6d6, 9 PD/9 ED (75 Active Points); IIF (-¼), Gestures (-¼)             0

5         Defensive Block                                                                       +1            +3           Block, Abort

3         Legsweep                                                                                   +2            -1            9d6 Strike, Target Falls

4         Martial Dodge                                                                            --            +5           Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4         Martial Strike                                                                            +0            +2           10d6 Strike

Perks

30      The Phantom Cruiser/Ghost Ship:  Vehicle

Talents

6         Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

Skills

3         Combat Piloting 12-

16      +2 with HTH Combat

5         Escape Artist:  Custom Skill 12-

3         Paramedics 13-

2         Peacekeeper:  PS 11-

3         Persuasion 13-

3         Security Systems 13-

6         WF:  Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, High Tech Firearms

Total Powers & Skill Cost:  536

Total Cost:  643

643+     Matching Complications

25      Dependent NPC:  Jan, Jace, and Blip the monkey Frequently (Normal; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)

5         Distinctive Features:  Galactically famous superhero and law enforcer (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10      Hunted:  Zoltar Frequently (Less Pow; Harshly Punish)

10      Hunted:  Zorak Frequently (Less Pow; Harshly Punish)

10      Hunted:  Moltar Frequently (Less Pow; Harshly Punish)

15      Psychological Complication:  Code of Behavior (Common; Strong)

10      Psychological Complication:  Gullible and Trusting (Common; Moderate)

Total Complications Points:  643

th?id=OIP.bVkeJvJ7pv4MRcgOn9DGwQDGEs&pid

Space Ghost.hdc