Summon and Number of Tasks

iamlibertarian

Question

I am probably missing something, somewhere, knowing me, lol, but...

Summoning and beating something in an EGO contest gets you EGO/5 # of tasks. But once those tasks are complete, you can try and beat that summoned being again, getting another EGO/5 worth of tasks. If you get lucky, you may even a third time.

EGO 20/5 = 4 tasks.

With Amicable: Friendly, you don't have to beat it in said EGO contest. You just get your tasks, because it is friendly and wants to help you. But... I see no way to extend those tasks, other than GM fiat.

EGO 20/4 = 5 tasks. And then it is done.

Am I missing something, or is it easier to get a greater number of tasks out of a being who is neutral (or worse) to you than it is from a friendly being?

Thanks!

DC :)

1 answer to this question

There are a couple of things going on here. First, note that for all levels of Amicable, an Amicable summoned being already performs more tasks than a non-Amicable one — up to EGO/1 for Slavishly Devoted.

Second, the Amicable Advantage allows you to buy additional tasks, at the rate of +¼ for 2x the number of tasks.

Beyond all that, the GM is free to establish whatever ways he likes for a character to get more tasks out of an Amicable being (such as the “beating it in an EGO Roll Contest” method used for neutral or hostile sumonees). However, I doubt that any such being would remain “amicable” to the character after that, and might even become a dedicated adversary.