Full Power

jimofpeace

Champions Complete is "complete" in the sense that it's all the rules needed for Champions in one complete volume. You don't need the two basic volumes plus 6e Champions.

Should it have been titled "Champions 6th edition Collected and Revised"? Possibly. I guess you can always cross out the title and write that instead if you like.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, no more arguments about if a two book set you can bairly lift is more "proper" than one book witch could use another printing with all the extra include, but is not and seems not going to have a corrected edition cause of money problems. I came here to hear about the proper Limitation for "Must Use At Full Power", not "my favorite edition is better than your favorite edition" argument.

On 12/2/2017 at 1:58 PM, steriaca said:

I came here to hear about the proper Limitation for "Must Use At Full Power", not "my favorite edition is better than your favorite edition" argument.

Since "Beam" is -1/4, the proper Limitation for "Must Use at Full Power" is -3/16.

And we all know the BBB is the universally acknowledged, undisputed best edition of all time.  Except for a couple things from 5ER.  And a few more from 6th / CC.

3 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Since "Beam" is -1/4, the proper Limitation for "Must Use at Full Power" is -3/16.

And we all know the BBB is the universally acknowledged, undisputed best edition of all time.  Except for a couple things from 5ER.  And a few more from 6th / CC.

There is no -3/16. There is a -3/4.

As for the greatest edition of Hero, it is whatever your playing now.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:04 AM, mrinku said:

Champions Complete is "complete" in the sense that it's all the rules needed for Champions in one complete volume. 

But it actually isn't.  Where's that Images Complexity Table, again??  Oh right, it's missing.  Kinda tough to use and/or adjudicate the Images power properly if you don't have that table.  Hence, "all the rules needed for Champions" (to use your words) are NOT present.

And to bring us back onto the topic of this thread: the 6e Must Be Used At Full Power limitation is missing, too -- despite its inapplicability to powers that aren't Body-Affecting (sans GM fiat, of course).

Frankly, I think the Beam limitation is where I'd steer people (sans GM fiat) and, if they don't like all that comes with it, then there's just not enough of a limitation to warrant a cost break, IMHO.

4 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Surrealone claiming that CC isn’t complete because of an errat issue would also mean that 6th ed isn’t complete due to its errata.

6e has a post-release errata file posted to address its issues ... so it is, actually complete.  Show me the author-provided CC equivalent and then your comparison will actually be apples-to-apples.  Until then, you're just defending a position wherein the facts don't support said position.  I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill of it, I'm just calling a spade a spade when people claim something has everything you need ... when it actually doesn't.

Care to get us back on topic again?

1 hour ago, Surrealone said:

Care to get us back on topic again?

Well, the first post was

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:00 PM, jimofpeace said:

If I create a suit of powered armor and one of my attacks is an Energy Blast, 12D6 described as mini-rockets and has 6 charges, could I instead of using all 12D6 use only 8D6 or 6D6 power?  In other words, do charges ALWAYS have to be used at the power level you bought the charge at?

And the answers to those questions I think are "Yes, you can do 8d6 or 6d6" and "no, you don't have to always use a Charge at full Power."

I don't think these answers are controversial, but I could be wrong.

Lucius Alexander

I don't think a palindromedary tagline is controversial either but some people might differ with me on that.