Matter-Eater Lad

jimofpeace

5 minutes ago, jimofpeace said:

Yeah, that's a cool way to do it.  But why only 1d6, and why the NND?

NND so that he can eat ANYTHING no matter (pun not intended) how high the DEF value)

and 1d6 is that limits how much BODY damage he does per turn (about 1 BODY if we are talking NND Blast no range, or approx 3 if we are talking HKA)

37 minutes ago, jimofpeace said:

Would you guys give him some type of immunity to toxins for when he eats a nuclear reactor, or something along that line using Life Support?

Unnecessary if it's being written as a KA but your GM may say otherwise. It'd put a limitation on the LS for only things he eats. If he walks up to a nuclear pile that's got radiation around it, he'll still take damage as he approached it.

His NND definition needs care, too. What were his actual defined limits? Are antimatter, living creatures or free subatomic particles (photons, electrons, neutrons etc) on the menu as well?

Edit: Oh-kay. Apparently he has managed to eat laser beams on the grounds that energy is just transformed matter. He's also able to eat fast enough to tunnel through things, and is definitely able to eat living creatures and otherwise indestructible objects and materials, though eating the Miracle Machine drove him insane.

So at a minimum we're looking at destruction of physical and energy objects, Tunnelling and being allowed to Block and/or Dispel lasers by opening his mouth. In his setting he can also be considered a universal means of unmaking unbreakable foci (that might need some points).

And he is able to spit out something he's taken a bite out of as a projectile. Quick swig of acid and he can send a very dangerous loogie your way.

Mind you, he DOES have a lot of spare points to spend on this. The OIF flight ring (which I think gives life support for space, too) is cheap enough, and the various Perks he has as a senator and media personality won't run to much either.

Whatever mechanic is used to destroy things, it should definitely be set at the campaign points/DC limit.

On 11/30/2017 at 9:20 PM, jimofpeace said:

Thanks everybody.  All this information is very helpful.  Oh yeah, and thank you for not laughing me off this sight for liking Matter-Eater Lad.  Lol.

Hey, we've had lots more sillier ideas so join the gang, like How to Destroy the Earth in 10 pts or less - or something like that.

On 11/30/2017 at 10:20 PM, jimofpeace said:

Thanks everybody.  All this information is very helpful.  Oh yeah, and thank you for not laughing me off this sight for liking Matter-Eater Lad.  Lol.

I don't like Matter-Eater Lad... I freaking love Matter-Eater Lad. As has been noted, he can eat lasers, so good ol' missile deflection was even on the menu, pun intended ;) 

I think 1d6 NND is a good start, but he actually gets faster as he eats allowing him to dig tunnels and other massive quantities, which means that would likely have to increase at some point.

And it doesn't even have to fit in his mouth. He's eaten or at least bitten things that couldn't fit, so really it should just be a no range limitation with the effect that it has to go to his mouth.   

7 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

I don't like Matter-Eater Lad... I freaking love Matter-Eater Lad. As has been noted, he can eat lasers, so good ol' missile deflection was even on the menu, pun intended ;) 

I think 1d6 NND is a good start, but he actually gets faster as he eats allowing him to dig tunnels and other massive quantities, which means that would likely have to increase at some point.

And it doesn't even have to fit in his mouth. He's eaten or at least bitten things that couldn't fit, so really it should just be a no range limitation with the effect that it has to go to his mouth.   

Thanks for pointing me to that write-up on Matter-Eater Lad.  It was pretty cool.  :)