One twisted and Evil spell!

iamlibertarian

So here I am trying to create your basic "Good" (yet effective) character (I think character creation is half the fun for me.) So I am looking to create a 'spell' that does not kill, or even truly physically harm another character. I am thinking in terms of two versions of the spell. One which is combat effective, and the other a 'punishment' version. Here is the 'punishment' version, and frankly if this existed in real life, I think I would rather be killed instead... 

Senseless - Personal Surface - Sticky - Charges - Punishment:  Darkness to Sight, Hearing, Mental, Radio, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups, Spatial Awareness, Danger Sense, Combat Sense and Detect 1m radius, Continuing Charge lasting 1 Season

Makes me shiver to think about the implications. At least Helen Keller had Touch and Taste, and once she had a sort of language to work with, she had her own true human thoughts. With this spell, you might not even hear your own mind. Ugh!

Darkness stops you sensing through it, and this is affecting the target's surface, so while it will block Telepathy, they can still think. Which may not actually be a good thing, frankly. Not sure if it should affect taste while the mouth is shut, but that's a pretty minor issue. Also not sure you can purchase a blanket Darkness vs Detect, since various Detects may belong to other sense groups or even be their own group, depending on special effect. Penetrative senses might also be able to defeat it, depending on special effects and what that Darkness is made of, and Indirect senses may give another out.

So yep. A sensory deprivation tank effect. They DO exist in real life, mate. The crude and cheap version is solitary confinement with the lights out.

Note that it isn't invisible either, so a human shaped darkness field (which is AoE surface) is a bit obvious and will attract attention.  Also, I don't think AoE can be applied to Darkness since darkness is an inherent AoE.  I think you can apply mobile, selective, and accurate.  A moving ball of darkness will be sure to cause a commotion.

13 hours ago, mrinku said:

Darkness stops you sensing through it, and this is affecting the target's surface, so while it will block Telepathy, they can still think. Which may not actually be a good thing, frankly. Not sure if it should affect taste while the mouth is shut, but that's a pretty minor issue. Also not sure you can purchase a blanket Darkness vs Detect, since various Detects may belong to other sense groups or even be their own group, depending on special effect. Penetrative senses might also be able to defeat it, depending on special effects and what that Darkness is made of, and Indirect senses may give another out.

So yep. A sensory deprivation tank effect. They DO exist in real life, mate. The crude and cheap version is solitary confinement with the lights out.

I was thinking of adding several specific detects...I just stopped after thinking about what I was creating for a 'good' character. And sure, some special penetrative senses could get through it. But for your average target...shudder.

And sure, sensory dep tanks exist, but in them, you know any movement will at least give you touch, and significant movement will give you sound, and you chose to be in there, so you know you can get out (as long as you don't have claustrophobia, in which case you probably shouldn't get in in the first place, lol).

My most evil power was relatively simple to get out of.  I did a small entangle blocks all senses.  The target was encased in light stone, but the kicker was, he had no idea what hit him as it blocked his sense of touch.  He thought he was transported to another dimension and the other players thought he was turned to stone.  All he had to do was 5 body to the entangle and he would be free.