Can someone verify I am doing HtH correctly?

g3taso

2 hours ago, massey said:

Sure, but the first words in the thread are: 5th edition, if it matters.

Yeah, but it seemed that people were writing that in 6th you just add the damage to your strength damage and get the advantages for free with no upper limit in the amount of damage.  just wanted to clear the air.

9 hours ago, massey said:

You can add up to the base points of your Hand Attack in Str.  Martial Arts can go beyond that.

So in your example, you've got a 1D6 AP AOE Hex attack, so that's 5 base points.  You can add 5 points of Str.  So now you've got a 2D6 AP AOE Hex attack.

The most efficient way to get what you want is probably a 12D6 HA, AP AOE Hex, with 60 Str.

That makes a little more sense (I didn't play 5th at all... 3/4 back int the late 80s and then CC in 2013).  I kind of like it - very simple,  especially if you have a character who swaps out special hand to hand attacks often.  Still, ouch. 

On 12/12/2017 at 10:03 PM, DasBroot said:

That makes a little more sense (I didn't play 5th at all... 3/4 back int the late 80s and then CC in 2013).  I kind of like it - very simple,  especially if you have a character who swaps out special hand to hand attacks often.  Still, ouch. 

If I had just a few more points, I would TOTALLY add some other attack powers in there to spice things up a bit.