I've become so numb...

phoenix240

Powers:

Aid to CON

Stun Healing

Damage Reduction Stun Only

Flash vs. Touch

Dex/CV drain

Invisible Constant Stun Drain on Trigger (because they are numb they don't know how badly they are hit and take a few more stun per hit,  since its separate from the attack which triggers it, its doesn't stun them)

Aid to PD/ED vs. Stun Only

I was envisioning the character as being able to induce numbness in others but doing it to themselves is interesting too and would make then a little more durable. Many of the suggested Powers would make a great addition for Team Buffer type or minor mastermind that fields allot of oddly tough agents, 

I had one odd idea about rekinning some martial arts maneuvers to represent aspects of their power. Martial Flash (Touch), Martial Escape (sudden body wide numbness makes to grapple), Martial Disarm (numbs weapon hand), throw/Trip (numbs feet/legs), etc

> On a serious note, how would one model making the foe unable to speak clearly because his lips and tongue are numbed?  Images to Hearing (giving a penalty to others' ability to understand the target)?

Images to Hearing is probably best.  With the appropriate PER Roll they could figure it out.  You just need to build it to be on the target character, not on the hex.

• 2 weeks later...

This brings to mind a power someone in the campaign wants to build: a strike in the pressure points to numb a limb so a person can't use it. Sorta like Ty Lee from Avatar: Last Airbender. The concept is to strike a hand/arm/foot/leg to numb it so it can't be used. Someone suggested a Dex Drain but I'm not sure about that as it doesn't stop someone from still using affected limb.

So, how would you build it?

You could do it in several ways

• IIRC there is a variant rule in HSMA or UMA which states the nerve strike can be used to paralyze a person based on the amount of stun done by the NND.  The stun would be treated as Body to determine if the part struck was impaired or temporarily disabled.
  • You can do it as a partial Transform.  The partial transform effect would be that the limb doesn't move.  The full transform effect would be total paralysis.
  • You can do it as an entangle that takes no damage from attacks and only from Con (substituting con for str).
  • You can do it as mind control:set command paraylsis.
  • You can do it as a drain with a variable effect.  Drain say Str for Arms.  Drain Running for Legs.  Drain Dex for hands. Etc.

3 hours ago, Tech said:

This brings to mind a power someone in the campaign wants to build: a strike in the pressure points to numb a limb so a person can't use it. Sorta like Ty Lee from Avatar: Last Airbender. The concept is to strike a hand/arm/foot/leg to numb it so it can't be used. Someone suggested a Dex Drain but I'm not sure about that as it doesn't stop someone from still using affected limb.

So, how would you build it?

The easiest would be to look at paralysis under entangle and put an extra limitation of only one limb at a time. Since limbs for handcuffs is a -1 and that ties up 2 limbs , I would say perhaps -1 1/2 - 

11 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

The easiest would be to look at paralysis under entangle and put an extra limitation of only one limb at a time. Since limbs for handcuffs is a -1 and that ties up 2 limbs , I would say perhaps -1 1/2 - 

Perhaps the Entangle would be based on CON to break out, not STR? Maybe even based on REC to break out?