Convert Mystic Ward AA 12 to 6E

iamlibertarian

AA 12 Mystic Barrier says:

"Affects Desolid (+1/2) for 6 Def; IIF Immobile (plaited wire rings hidden in architectural ornaments; -1 1/4)"

"Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4) for 6 DEF; IIF Immobilie (as above; -1 1/4)"

"Invisibility to Magic Sense Group, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); IIF Immoble (as above; -1 1/4)

This is for a mansion/base. 

1) How do I convert this to 6E?

2) The final goal is to have wards to protect the mansion from outside snooping / intrusion *while* allowing those who are legitimately inside to leave and to view or otherwise snoop outward from the mansion.

Thanks!

DC :)

Sorry...others had spoken to me calling it AA in other discussions, so it just came out of me that way, lol. Arcane Adversaries.

Well, in 5E, it is written as 3 separate powers. 

Affects Desolid for 6 DEF. Is this Barrier? And if so, how do I write it so that those in/belong in the mansion/base can get out and back in again through the barrier? Personal immunity would at best affect the caster, right?

The Cannot be escaped with teleportation... written as a separate power. Should it be combined in 6E? And, being a power that covers a Sanctum, with a summoning circle in it, how does, say, a summoned being once released to do the caster's bidding, get through the barrier, or back in if that is the summoner's desire?

And, for the invisibility to magic or mystic sense group, Invis does not offer a Mystic Sense Group. Not sure the best way to factor that in. Plus, I would like a way for all legitimate inhabitants to be able to see out through it while keeping the snoopy ones outside from being able to see in. Ideas? And let's say I want to expand that invisibility to cover more than just the mystic sense group. Designer doesn't let me replace any one of the existing sense groups with Mystic, without removing that replaced group from the available list of check boxes to re-include that one I replaced.

I haven't actually played since 4th Edition, so I am behind the times.

10 minutes ago, iamlibertarian said:

Sorry...others had spoken to me calling it AA in other discussions, so it just came out of me that way, lol. Arcane Adversaries.

Well, in 5E, it is written as 3 separate powers. 

Affects Desolid for 6 DEF. Is this Barrier? And if so, how do I write it so that those in/belong in the mansion/base can get out and back in again through the barrier? Personal immunity would at best affect the caster, right?

.No, it's what's called a Naked Advantage I think. It's meant to apply to the actual Defense Characteristic (PD I think) of the Base. You can either leave it Naked or buy the Base's PD down and then buy it back with this Advantage.

People can get in and out the same way they normally get in and out without being blocked by a Base's PD - that is, there's probably a door. Note, that does mean every time the door is open there's a chance for an invisible intruder to enter, whether they're substantial or not; but that applies to any place with a door.

The Cannot be escaped with teleportation... written as a separate power. Should it be combined in 6E? And, being a power that covers a Sanctum, with a summoning circle in it, how does, say, a summoned being once released to do the caster's bidding, get through the barrier, or back in if that is the summoner's desire?

Again, this is probably meant to be a Naked Advantage. And again, you can either leave it Naked or etc. (see above.) You may have to use a Custom Advantage, I find that the Advantage is not available by default in Hero Designer but it's available for Barrier so I don't see why it can't be applied to the PD of a Base. As for the summoned entity; to address your earlier question about Personal Immunity, the "caster" in this case would be the Base Itself, since the Power is bought through the Base, and ordinary those inside a Base have access to its overall Powers, so I would say you could use that. As for the summoned being teleporting back, you might apply "Partial Coverage" as a -0 Limitation to not cover the Summoning Circle - but then you might want to have a permanent Barrier around that Circle, as it represents a "hole" in your defenses and some outsider might be able to teleport into it.

I don't know Teleportation-proofing something is also going to block Extradimensional Movement; if it doesn't, you might need another Advantage to cover that.

And, for the invisibility to magic or mystic sense group, Invis does not offer a Mystic Sense Group. Not sure the best way to factor that in. Plus, I would like a way for all legitimate inhabitants to be able to see out through it while keeping the snoopy ones outside from being able to see in. Ideas? And let's say I want to expand that invisibility to cover more than just the mystic sense group. Designer doesn't let me replace any one of the existing sense groups with Mystic, without removing that replaced group from the available list of check boxes to re-include that one I replaced.

I haven't actually played since 4th Edition, so I am behind the times.

You might buy Invisibility more than once to get around that problem.

Or you can use the Adders that Barrier has to make the place Opaque - you could use Custom Adder and specify that it's for that.

Or you cold just buy very high Concealment and DIsguise Skills for the Base.

Or even

(Total: 26 Active Cost, 26 Real Cost) Security Systems 15-, Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (26 Active Points) (Real Cost: 26)

Lucius Alexander

Tagline cannot be escaped by palindromedary