Black Widow

Greywind

They showed a preview for a movie that is in the writing stage? I mean, there are movies I feel like they go straight to the filming the action/splosions before doing the writing, but I would hope a BW movie didn't do that.

It was a chickflick parody of Black Widow.

A couple of scenes I would like to see in the Black Widow movie--

We begin with an ending--specifically the ending of The Avengers at the shawarma scene--

BnxUA0pIUAEN4DI.jpg

An adorable little red-haired girl comes up to Natasha--

"You're one of the heroes, aren't you?"

Natasha smiles wearily. "I don't know as I'd say I was a hero--"

"Can I have your autograph?"

Natasha sighs. "Honey, I really don't think that's a--"

Then she trails off when she catches sight of Tony Stark across the table nodding his head and mouthing the words "Yes! Sign It! Come On!" She looks back at the little girl and sees the beginnings of disappointment in her eyes.

"Okay, sure," says Natasha, and takes the piece of paper the girl offers her. "What's your name?"

"Tasha."

Natasha looks at her incredulously for a moment, then thinks for a moment and writes on the paper. She hands it back to Tasha, and she reads what's written out loud.

"To Tasha--Keep Fighting The Good Fight--Best Always--The BLACK WIDOW!" Tasha's eyes light up like Times Square. "That is so cool!  I'm gonna tell all my friends I got an autograph from the Black Widow!"

She launches herself at Natasha and gives her a big hug. "Thank You, Black Widow!" As she runs off, Natasha looks after her until Stark speaks again. "You see? It feels good to get recognized for a good job."

"Especially when you've earned it," says Steve Rogers, who offers Tony his hand. "I owe you an apology. I was wrong about you."

"You don't owe me anything," replies Tony. "But you could pick up the tab."

"Sorry," smiles Steve, "I left my wallet in my other suit."

"You have another suit?" jokes Tony, and they laugh at each other while Natasha looks off thoughtfully, trying to deal with what just happened.  Scant hours before she was Natasha Romanoff, agent of SHIELD and spy without a country.  Now--she's the Black Widow, defender of New York and one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I'd also like a scene with Melinda May.  Something in a dive bar, I think--

"If it isn't the Black Widow."

"If it isn't the Cavalry."

"You know I don't like that name."

"Don't know why.  As far as code names go, it's pretty solid.  Besides--isn't Chun Li taken?"

"Oh, you're funny."

"Thanks.  I'm thinking of a career in stand-up comedy."

The bartender--who bears a remarkable resemblance to Stan Lee--steps up.

"Ladies--whattya drinkin'?"

"Whiskey," they say in unison.  "Straight up."

"What, no vodka?" says May.

"What am I, a cliche?  (Switches to Russian accent) You vant I should be chasing after Moose and Squirrel, dahlink?"

May laughs.  "Now that's funny."

"I got a million of 'em."

Or something like that.

I could see this being done as a really tight spy thriller.  In my opinion the Captain America movies have all been better suited for Black Widow.  Having Cap play James Bond doesn't really fit the character at all, but it does fit her.

I'd also like to see her use her gadgets more.  More Batmanny than a martial artist with a pistol.

Marvel commisioning a screenplay or treatment means absolutely nothing. 

Nicole Pearlman wrote a screenplay for Guardians. Gunn then rewrote a new screenplay (so I've read) which was filmed. 

Nicole Pearlman & a Pixar alum was writing the Captain Marvel screenplay...and now they aren't. 

Marvel has (or had) a program where incoming writers would write screenplays. 

Basically Marvel collects them...screenplays. 

Marvel hiring a writer to write a screenplay, means that they are interested in exploring the potential of a Black Widow film. If anything, this is a first draft. No doubt it will be rewritten by someone else or a new one written from scratch.

The rumours also suggest that Scarlett being involved with the development of the script, which suggests that Marvel is fairly serious about pursuing this. However, Feige has stated Marvel's intention to make a Widow movie at some stage, which could also be a series. 

In the end, it is still unconfirmed rumours. 

Cool, this is the first time I've ever won anything!

The Chris Hemsworth talk about making another Thor might also indicate he survives as well, but that could just be a swerve I guess.

In what I read Chris is unsure exactly what the shake-up is, how the storylines are put together, how it is edited etc. 

Hemsworth & Takiti's talk of Thor 4 is mere spit-balling for now. If it gets serious it will be after Avengers 4 is finished.