Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Derosla

Find a Game for a First Timer

Hi Christopher, welcome to HERO.

This is a pretty friendly place and more than willing to help you learn the system.  There is a forum for finding a game which this kind of post might get some traction but it is not easy - too many players, not enough games.  You do, however, miss out a vital bit of information, where is your location??

If someone is close by, they might be quite happy for you to join a one-off, or indicate a local convention where a game is being run.

Doc

You can search the player finder forum for places.  I could only see one thread for Boston but it was over ten years ago.  have a look at

Search the convention forum, I think there are one or two cons in your area that games may still be run at.

Doc

Welcome to the boards. Another suggestion is to play with a group via Skype, if you can't be there in person; I have a player who does that regularly.

If you have a questions about rules, creating a character, power ideas/suggestions, etc., just ask away. We'll be glad to throw in our 2 cents (some will throw in their 5 cents).

Or host a game at your FLGS.  Keep it simple and see who comes out of the wood work.  Champions/HERO is one game system where if you know how to make and play a character, you can GM with a little more effort.  Just keep the plots simple.