I need some help on a villain

Shadow7

Hi all, 

I could use some help on an evil sorcerer that will be trying to resurrect a fallen supervillain.  

I am going to run an introductory adventure of the Furies (an all female superheroine group) against a sorcerer named Karma.  I am thinking that Karma may have some powers that involve bad luck.  However, I am still up in the air as to what else this evil sorcerer may have as far as powers in order to battle the Furies.  She is going to break into the museum in order to steal the body of the fallen supervillain in order to resurrect him.  Any one have any ideas on some powers she might have?  Thanks for your help!  

Shadow7 

You can always look at Doctor's Strange's list of spells

I've lately been giving some regular names to the spell the casters have been using.  Here are some

Chains of Perdition:  Entangle 1d6, 5 PD/5 ED, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Entangle Has 1 BODY (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2) Real: 30

Chains streak up and grab the character, dragging them down.

Elemental Blast:  Blast 10d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; +1/4) (62 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) Real: 41

The ability to blast a target with any of the fundamental magical forces (air, fire, water/ice, earth, lightning)

Magic Fingers:  Telekinesis (10 STR), Affects Porous, Fine Manipulation, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Affects Desolidified One Special Effect of Desolidification (+1/4) (52 Active Points); Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (Requires both hands; -1) Real: 26

The ability to grab all sorts of magic paraphernalia safely.

I've also been giving them staves.  The staves are supplementary End Reserves (mana).  Taking away the staff doesn't stop them from casting a spell, but it does reduce their mana by about 66%.  They also have wands, which interestingly enough I've made as levels with magic through a focus (it makes it easier to concentrate and accurately cast a spell).

Hi all, 

I could use some help on an evil sorcerer that will be trying to resurrect a fallen supervillain.  

I am going to run an introductory adventure of the Furies (an all female superheroine group) against a sorcerer named Karma.  I am thinking that Karma may have some powers that involve bad luck.  However, I am still up in the air as to what else this evil sorcerer may have as far as powers in order to battle the Furies.  She is going to break into the museum in order to steal the body of the fallen supervillain in order to resurrect him.  Any one have any ideas on some powers she might have?  Thanks for your help!  

Shadow7 

Did you envision her other powers with any specific themes? With that kind of scheme, maybe some necromantic powers would fit? Give her a blast, drains or other damaging power based on necrotic energy or leeching the life force from her target, maybe to strength or heal herself. Since she's taking on a team,  good defenses based on absorbing or weakening the power of incoming attacks by shunting them into the world of dead or a force wall of conjured and enslaved souls. Maybe make her some kind of undead like a lich or a vampire so supernaturally durable? or some undead minions. 

Karma does suggest luck but it also bring up fate and responsibility for the past.  Maybe she cause characters have traumatic flashback of past misdeeds and failure, anything the feel guilty as some kind of mental blast or entangle (trapped in a nightmare/flashback)? Or Mind control that induces crippling guilt or a strange Summon where she conjures tangible phantoms of their 'sins' that they have to battle and overcome either directly or by coming to terms with them which either defeats them outright or weakens them?  Having to confront their own past misdeeds and failure would be (IMO) interesting and ironic for a team named after the Furies, mythological agents of retribution and punishment. 

How about working it so that she has to balance Karma? That is, in order to power her selfish and destructive goals, she also needs to enable unselfish and constructive stuff. 

Maybe that's the REASON she does bad stuff... in order to allow her to power up good stuff?

That could be done as simply as having a Secret Identity where she's good, or more game mechanically.

The Atom faced a villain who had good luck whenever he was around.  In fact Atom got captured because he missed a strike and knocked himself out.  When he woke up Atom was flattened with an "Atomic Iron" and placed in a glass case that increased the villains good luck.  

The villains theory about why he was having good luck was wrong, and the Atom realized it was because he had been the Atom too long and fatigue poisons in his blood were giving the villain good luck.  The Atom used emotional acting exercises to alter his blood chemistry to give the villain bad luck and free himself.

Based on some of the suggestions here, I am thinking of combing a few...She will receive good luck by causing bad luck on her opponents.  She will also have the ability to create images based upon the worst fears of the person.   Finally, she will have the ability to create a barrier, she will have mind defenses and a magic bolt to project.  The more "good" luck she receives the more powerful she becomes.  In order for her to be defeated, the Furies will have to reverse the karma.  They should be able to do this in several ways.  One of the heroines is a sorceress, Spellbound who will have a dispel power which can rid the effects of the bad luck.  Another heroine, Portal is time traveler that can jump back into the past or future into short bursts, sidestepping the bad luck effects before they happen.  I have yet to think of any ways in which the warrior angel character, Guardian Angel can overcome the effects on her own.  She basically is combination of Wonder Woman and Shazam combined with a sword.  Thanks all for your suggestions, once again all good ideas!

Well it depends on what sort of effects your thinking of.

Things fall on them defined as an eb probably tied to the weight of whatever hits them

A defelect defined as things wandering into the shot. Like Sucker girl "moves" in front of screech girl at the wrong moment.

massive combat luck that only activates with a luck roll