Need Help - Theme Team Member

winterhawk

I'm creating an homage to one of my favorite villainous theme teams, The Wrecking Crew.  I wanted a team of four bricks each with a little something to differentiate them from other bricks.  I decided on a boxing theme, hence the Fight Club.  All members were mid to low card boxers who moonlighted as muscle and legbreakers when they discovered a cache of Gadroon devices that enhanced their strength and fighting ability.  They are led by Heavyweight, who has minor gravity control powers.  Backing him up are Southpaw, who has a power gauntlet, but only on his left hand and Gold Glove, who has a pair of them.  My conundrum comes to the fourth member.  I was considering Uppercut, but didn't really see any way to differentiate him from the other two.

So I'm looking for a fourth member of the team based on boxing terminology, or maybe an idea for a gimmick for Uppercut.  I know there are several long-running Theme Team threads on the board, so I know there are some creative people who can hopefully give me a hand.  As always, thanks for any and all suggestions in advance.

How about Knockout, whose punches (thanks to power gauntlets) are double knockback?  (If you're not making it a strictly boy's club, this name works on multiple levels for a female fighter.)

One of the player characters in my current Champions campaign is Shadowboxer.  HtH + darkness powers.

Alternately, you could open it up a bit style-wise and have Kickboxer, whose Gadroon devices include power boots.

20 minutes ago, BoloOfEarth said:

How about Knockout, whose punches (thanks to power gauntlets) are double knockback?  (If you're not making it a strictly boy's club, this name works on multiple levels for a female fighter.)

One of the player characters in my current Champions campaign is Shadowboxer.  HtH + darkness powers.

Alternately, you could open it up a bit style-wise and have Kickboxer, whose Gadroon devices include power boots.

I was also going to suggest Knockout.  They can also have lots of tech skills and be the technical knockout. :)

I did two conversions of teams like that, one for HU and one for M&M ...  Give me a minute......

Uppercut  Experiment

Roundhouse  MA master

Knuckleduster  Android HTH bot

Bolchok  MA master

Haymaker Mutant HTH

Stranglehold  Experiment with stretching

Bareknuckle Berserker with regen

Heavyweight  Super Strong and weight field on others

Flyweight Flight and snipe

TKO Tactile telekinesis

Regarding Uppercut, since Gadroon tech makes extensive use of gravity manipulation, a punch with Increased Knockback to send a target flying could be justified as reducing or reversing the effect of gravity. Heavyweight's powers could work in the reverse direction, perhaps based on Density Increase. That actually plays into Cassandra`s suggestion of Featherweight; the Gadroon`s Avar-7 androids (yes, Avar-7 is a Gadroon creation now) can both increase and decrease their density. Featherweight could become intangible, and her punches could deliver the Vision`s trick of partial solidification disrupting someone`s body.

On January 15, 2018 at 1:18 PM, st barbara said:

I like "Cassandra's" suggestion of "Featherweight". Someone who is not so much of a brick but who has some form of super speed punch. ?

Someone who is hard to hit and exhausts their target.  A speedster with a Drain [STUN] Attack.

Two thoughts on the characters I suggested. Since you want to keep with density sfx, Shadow Boxer makes him (or her) self desolid. Though I wouldn’t have the damage be as high desolid as when solid. Second, Uppercut would have Blast with indirect.

Im going to have to write up a version of Shadow Boxer for myself now. (You never know when inspiration hits! ?)

The Marquees

a gentlemanly and refined but brutish looking individual. the Marquees has a strong upper class British accent refined tastes and impeccable dress.

he always seeks a fair fight with the most dangerous opponent of his opposition.

he has the natural ability to generate and aura bypass the defenses of a single opponent and also resist their attacks enforcing a strictly fair fight. 

based on the Marquess of Queensbury

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Douglas,_9th_Marquess_of_Queensberry

Thanks for everyone's contributions, I doled out some rep in return.

Inspired by the discussion, I decided to stick with Uppercut.  He and Southpaw are going to be brothers, and the team found three sets of power gauntlets.  Heavyweight and Gold Glove called dibs on the first two pairs, Southpaw and Uppercut had to split the last pair.  They decided that Uppercut was a better name than 'Righty'.

Thanks again for the input.