Current project - die roller: Request features?

feralucce

Just brainstorming ...

beyond the damage types and 3d6 rolls for hero system

• alignment of dice for explosion calculations
  • average rolled on d6s.  Both in a single roll and over a period.  Its not really all that useful from a combat/gaming perspective.  I just note a lot of people (me included) like to see the stats.
  • actual physically seeing the dice roll.  Its strange, but just getting numbers is not as much fun as actually seeing the dice roll when you roll them.  (but not a looping gif, because those get annoying; also a max. roll time for the dice of 1-2 sec)
  • a simple combat helper for rolling to hit.  Something like enter your OCV and get what DCV you hit.
  • a switch to add in calculations for knockback
  • quick roll tabs - basically quickly roll set numbers of dice of damage
  • messaging dice rolls (send to one or several people - assuming cross platform meaning mobile too)
  • fixed dice rolls (prevent changes to rolls from changing once rolled)
  • re-rolled dice rolls (allow someone to re-roll dice due to luck, GM pity, etc.  Maybe allow this on any roll but mark the die with the number of times the die has been rolled)
  • probably not real easy or possibly not doable but import of a HD character file to calculate basic rolls, make an automated roll page, etc.
  • classic HERO dice skins in blue/yellow, black/green.  Maybe dice skins in general.
  • Sound effects - not just the sound of rolling dice which would be cool, when rolling up or down on 3d6 or damage (a "Booyahhh!" for a good roll(3), a "WahWah!" for a bad roll(18)).
  • Animations in a similar vein to the Booyah/WahWah sound effect.  Maybe fireworks for a good roll, or a rock dropped on the dice for a bad roll.

If you plan on selling the app, I would guess the dice skins, sound effects, and animations would be for purchase above and beyond the based app.

That is some good stuff... It's me and one other person. I'm in college (working on the graphical design elements), he's a programmer doing this in his spare time... Some stuff on the list is doable with out time allotment... some of it is not... animations, probably not gonna happen.