Restrainable overload?

Jujitsuguy

I would have the same concerns but the rules as written (p341 6E1) says

A character with a MegaMovement Power isn't restricted to moving in “meters” defined by the upper increment of his MegaScaling; he can change the scale from use to use, and can stop in the “middle” of a “meter” if desired. For example, suppose a character has MegaTeleportation (1m = 1,000 km). Using it, he could Teleport in even increments of 1,000 km, but he could also Teleport 1,200 km, or 4,136.278 km, or any other distance. Similarly, if a character has MegaRunning, he can stop anywhere he wants to once he's moved as far as the minimum distance for the power. 

23 hours ago, Beast said:

For me that breaks megascale ,as it could also be done to any movement power and is a cheesy munchkin build
Megascale for me was never to be that accurate
And the scaling for me was implied as whole numbers

While I tend to agree that Megascale has high likelihood for cheesy munchkin builds, as Doc D pointed out the fact is that scaling doesn't have to be whole numbers, so it can be as accurate as you want.

That's why Megascale has a big red "STOP" sign on it.  As does Extra-Dimensional Movement, by the way.  As does Usable by Others.  And there are very good reasons for each of those stop signs.

Personally, if a player approached me with the build from the OP, the first thing I'd do (after I stopped laughing) is say, "I'll allow one stop-sign power, modifier, or framework per character.  One.  So you can pick either the Megascale Teleportation, one of the Extra-Dimensional Movements, or Usable Simultaneously on the Multipower."  And apply that rule across the board to the other players as well, so it's fair.

And if the character already has a Variable Power Pool (another Stop sign), as I suspect may be the case with this munchkin player, then he can either have the VPP, or one of the above.  With it being explicitly stated that there will be NO stop sign powers /modifiers created by the VPP.

5 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

While I tend to agree that Megascale has high likelihood for cheesy munchkin builds, as Doc D pointed out the fact is that scaling doesn't have to be whole numbers, so it can be as accurate as you want.

That's why Megascale has a big red "STOP" sign on it.  As does Extra-Dimensional Movement, by the way.  As does Usable by Others.  And there are very good reasons for each of those stop signs.

When I talk about scaling I mean the advantage converter  that scales up and down as needed unless you take the limitation does not scale
1km  10 km   100km  etc....

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.  If you're talking about the lack of, say, 1m = 5 km, Megascale's text does say:

For intermediate scales, the character must choose the next highest level of MegaScale; for example, creating a power where 1m = 5,000 km is a +2 Advantage.

So if you're wanting 1m = 5 km, you need to use the advantage for 1m = 10 km.

How is Megascale different from normal movement, such that the character must move exact multiples of each increment?  You cannot move less than 1 meter in an increment?  Someone with 12 m running who wants to move 9.5 meters has to move at an angle, then turn, to get there using precisely 10 - 12 m of movement?

Megascale is a facilitator power.  If no one has Megascale, will you run a scenario where the PCs see Godzilla is attacking Tokyo on a screen in Times Square, then note it's too bad they cannot get there, so Tokyo is levelled.  Scenario over, what do you want to do now?

To the Multipower, as the above makes clear, all those limitations make the powers pretty much worthless, whatever effect is actually intended.

Megascale is considered noncombat movement. That is the best reason for the minimum increment. In the case of the most common increment- 1" = 1km or 1m  = 1km that means it operates as a mini FTL jump in practice as that velocity typically translates to ~ mach 1 depending on the character's SPD.