The Sailor Guardians are in Gotham City

Mark Rand

I had the idea that the Sailor Guardians bight be based in Gotham City.

How would Batman react to five 14-year- old girls operating in his city, fighting the machinations of the Dark Kingdom? 

There are only four animals with the group, Sailor Moon's cat, Luna, SaIlor Venus' cat, Artemis, and Sailor Mars' crows, Phobos and Deimos.  While the animals speak only the language of their species,  the Sailor Guardians understand them perfectly.

Not that makes any difference, but I'm planning on using an older version of the Gotham City map instead of the most recent one that has named most places after people that worked on the comic book.

And, of course -- if the past campaigns of yours that have been described here on the forums in years past are any indication -- there will

be at least one or two glove-wearing ninja nurses in the background somewhere.

Not to mention a (possible) street race between the Batmobile and a certain super-TransAm/Cylon wannabe...

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

37 minutes ago, Major Tom 2009 said:

And, of course -- if the past campaigns of yours that have been described here on the forums in years past are any indication -- there will

be at least one or two glove-wearing ninja nurses in the background somewhere.

Not to mention a (possible) street race between the Batmobile and a certain super-TransAm/Cylon wannabe...

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

I see you remember some of my crazier ideas from the past.

Of course, a race between the Batmobile and K.I.T.T. might be cool.  It would be held at Gotham Raceway Park, a Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course clone, that Bruce owns, instead of on the street.  Much safer that way.

8 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

I see you remember some of my crazier ideas from the past.

Of course, a race between the Batmobile and K.I.T.T. might be cool.  It would be held at Gotham Raceway Park, a Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course clone, that Bruce owns, instead of on the street.  Much safer that way.

Oh, yes, your ideas were very memorable.

Speaking of which, I can just imagine the hassle that Bats would face if Sensor Man were to show up in Gotham and (if you'll pardon

the expression) gets a whiff of his secret identity...

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

Well, Batman is not completely unused to crimefighting teenagers.  He may offer his assistance in fighting the specific evil with which they're tasked to battle, and may even call them in if a situation falls under their purview.

Now if the pre-Starfire Robin was Batman's partner at the time, he might find himself very interested in the Sailors--perhaps to the point of spending more time with them than with Batman.  I can easily imagine a Silver Age cover with Robin surrounded by the Scouts, with a sad-looking Batman standing in the background and thinking--

"Now that Robin is helping the Sailor Scouts against the forces of evil, he doesn't have any time to fight crime with me!"

Hope that helps.

Since I'm going with the modern version, both Robin (Damian Wayne) is interested in Spoiler (Stephanie Brown) and Nightwing (Dick Grayson) is interested in Batgirl (Barbara Gordon).

Gotham's Chelsea neighborhood replaces Tokyo's Jubon District as their main stomping grounds.  The Shinto shrine Akiko (Sailor Mars) is a miko at, and the Sailor Guardians often meet at, is just beyond the city limits.

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

Since I'm going with the modern version, both Robin (Damian Wayne) is interested in Spoiler (Stephanie Brown) and Nightwing (Dick Grayson) is interested in Batgirl (Barbara Gordon).

Robin or not, Damian is still a teenage boy--and I could see the Sailor Scouts piquing his interest--

smlive_-_001.jpg

22 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Gotham's Chelsea neighborhood replaces Tokyo's Jubon District as their main stomping grounds.  The Shinto shrine Akiko (Sailor Mars) is a miko at, and the Sailor Guardians often meet at, is just beyond the city limits.

Can we assume that this campaign is going to take place before the events of "The Killing Joke" story from several years

ago in the Batman comic, since you've ID'd Barbara Gordon as Batgirl rather than as Oracle?

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

Quick! To the Bat-Poles!

2 hours ago, Major Tom 2009 said:

Can we assume that this campaign is going to take place before the events of "The Killing Joke" story from several years

ago in the Batman comic, since you've ID'd Barbara Gordon as Batgirl rather than as Oracle?

Quick! To the Bat-Poles!

As I understand it, Barbara was incapacitated for only three years.  Of course, if necessary, I could decide that Barbara is still Oracle and someone else is Batgirl.

Humm... anyone remember when The Martian Manhunter disguised himself as a female Japanese reporter named Rei Hino and interviewed Bruce Wayne?

Which begs the question, what were the Green and White Martians doing during the Moon Kingdom, and how did they feal about having a non-shapeshifter as a preastess/princess?

Are there Green and White Martians in the Batman: The Animated Series universe?  If not, Gotham's heroes will be taken from that.  Batman's technical aide, Harold, and his dog will be added from the comic books and Maggie, Bruce's secretary, will be added from the movies.

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Are there Green and White Martians in the Batman: The Animated Series universe?  If not, Gotham's heroes will be taken from that.  Batman's technical aide, Harold, and his doh will be added from the comic books and Maggie, Bruce's secretary, will be added from the movies.

Ah...using the Animated Series universe (which includes Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited). And since green martians appear in Justice League...because J'Hon J'Ones the Martian Manhunter appears in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, I say yes.

Unless your going to ignore the Justice League series. Which is easy to do, since it is set way after Batman The Animated Series and Superman The Animated Series.

Which begs the question...Sailor Kryption?

As far as I know, there's no Sailor Krypton.   If there had been, she would've died when her planet exploded.

Sailor Mercury's mother, Rachel, is a trauma surgeon at Gotham University Hospital. 

Wilkins Township is just over the city line from Chelsea.  The shrine Akiko serves at is there, as are Gotham Raceway Park and Manchester Viaduct, a thoroughbred and harness track that's a Meadowlands clone.  Both tracks are owned by Wayne Entertainment.

Considering the Justice League Unlimited series is in the same universe as Batman The Animated Series, I'm wondering the reaction when Batman incorporate them and Tuxedo Mask into the expanded League. Moon would practically fangirl over Hawkwoman and Wonder Woman. But would the League accept a former gem thieth and future King of the Earth (if not physically, then spiritually)?

Which is a moot point is the League doesn't even exist yet, or is rather small and Batman hasn't feal to the need to expand the League to include almost everyone who calls themselves heroes...

5 hours ago, steriaca said:

More than likely, the Sailor Guardians would find themselves "officially" considered a sub group of the Teen Titans, considering there ages. Beast Boy is going to die from a huge nose bleed...

I agree with them being "officially" considered a sub group of the Teen Titans, but I doubt if they'd show up too much.  Beast Boy might drool when he sees them, but he probably won't die from a huge nose bleed.

6 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

I agree with them being "officially" considered a sub group of the Teen Titans, but I doubt if they'd show up too much.  Beast Boy might drool when he sees them, but he probably won't die from a huge nose bleed.

Hay, the nose bleed is an anime thing.

47 minutes ago, Major Tom 2009 said:

Will the Nelson Institute have a branch in Gotham City, seeing as the city is on the East Coast -- with all of that access

to Atlantis, Poseidonis, and whatever subsurface nastiness might be lurking beneath the waves?

No, but there is a submarine base in Grotton, Connecticut.  It would be reasonable to have Virginia-class, or block-three Los Angeles-class fast attack subs patrol that area.

Who in the DC Universe mystical world knows about the Sailor Guardians and the Dark Kingdom?

Probably knows everything: The Endless, Phantom Stranger, The Spector, Klarian the Witchboy (he is an agent if the Lords of Chaos), the Lords of Chaos and Order (but not there human agents The Hawk and The Dove).

Probably knows a lot, but not everything: Madam Xanidu, John Consitine, Shazam (the wizard, not Captain Marvel Shazam).

Can know something, but not enough: Everyone else.