2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

Calculus is nothing.  Bessel functions, quantum mechanics, Cauchy integrals, and thermodynamics will induce Lovecraftian madness in any student.  It happened to me.  Iä!!  Iä!!!

I can only deal with one evil at a time.

Note: But then, I was exceptional at mathematics until 8th grade Algebra

• 2 weeks later...

Kirk Cousins is the most successful quarterback to hit free agency in the modern era*, and is certain to become the highest paid player in football if not all sports.

* Assuming he doesn't get tagged.  Which would be a truly idiotic thing for Washington to do, but it's Washington, so it can't be ruled out.

44 minutes ago, Starlord said:

I'm just posting in this thread instead of the other because I felt pressured and harassed to do so and and I can't complain to HR because the NGD HR office is actually a little cubicle that sits right outside the CEO's office.

Fight the power, man!

10 hours ago, Starlord said:

I'm just posting in this thread instead of the other because I felt pressured and harassed to do so and and I can't complain to HR because the NGD HR office is actually a little cubicle that sits right outside the CEO's office.

#MeToo

Stand up to Enforcer and tell him you'll post in any NFL thread you want.  Bring back the 2016-17 thread if you want. Don't let him be a bully.

Well, the bench reps are the biggest worry.  Speed? Well, quickness and agility are useful, not so much literal foot speed.  You need to get in front of the defender and keep them from getting past you on pass protection.  Run block needs a bit more athletic variety, however.  Jumping? OLs don't jump.

That's certainly true. It's likely that any of the Vikings' quarterbacks from last season would be an upgrade.

I have no hope whatsoever that the Donkeys' problems will be fixed via the draft. Von Miller notwithstanding, the past few Denver drafts have been underwhelming. And as I believe I have said before, the best quarterback ever drafted by the Donkeys is arguably Jay Cutler. Ponder that for a moment, if you will. 

Seahawks are trading DE Michael Bennett and a seventh-round pick to Eagles for a fifth-round pick and WR Marcus Johnson, sources tell ESPN.

He has spent the last five seasons with the Seahawks, the team that also signed him as an undrafted free agent out of Texas A&M in 2009, and signed an extension in December of 2016. The team saves just $2.2 million next season by trading him.

They move up from the seventh round to the fifth round and add Marcus Johnson, a 2016 UDFA out of Texas who had five catches for 45 yards in 2017. This would appear to be more about making changes and clearing house a bit under a new defensive coordinator (Ken Norton Jr) than it is about adding picks or saving money.