Petey's 2018 Winter Olympics Thread

Petey the Stone Cold Penguin (Mascot of the sport of Curling) would like to remind us that the Winter Olympics are under way in Korea.

Who's watching them? What sports are you watching? Which countries are you rooting for? And how do you watch, if you can?

"Sweep! Sweep!"

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

Is the scale from 1 to 10 or zero to 1?

heh, let's just say the less I pay attention to the world, the better off I am at the moment.  I am not really depressed, angry or anything else in particular otherwise.  As for the Olympics, I just get that foreshadowing that someone is going to do something "controversial" that will be totally asinine.  Not that that would be a first, of course (or rather is there any Olympics without controversy)

Edit: I just hope any controversy, is at least pertaining to the sport itself.  

15 hours ago, Old Man said:

As an American, I will watch figure skating or nothing.  If the corporate overlords allow, they might show me some highlights from other events.

Try the NBC Sports app. It has tons of other sports. It's almost like they're treating us like customers, not the product.

So I was watching some Olympics between the commercials, and there was this Toyota commercial with a lady ice skating by herself at night, with oddly familiar background music: eventually, I realized that it was an orchestral cover of "Nothing Else Matters".

I wonder when I will become old and culturally irrelevant.

44 minutes ago, Old Man said:

So I was watching some Olympics between the commercials, and there was this Toyota commercial with a lady ice skating by herself at night, with oddly familiar background music: eventually, I realized that it was an orchestral cover of "Nothing Else Matters".

There's a Chase commercial where ballet star Michaela DePrince (a war orphan from Sierra Leone who has made it big in ballet) dances to a classical piano adaptation of "Wrecking Ball". So it's not just you.

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

Already happened