Orcish Martial Arts

Steve

I’ve been looking through Hero’s martial arts handbook and trying to decide what real world styles would be good for orcs to use, styles that would fit them.

In addition to Dirty Infighting, the styles of Boxing, Muay Thai, Pankration and Wrestling seem like reasonable ones I could start with, giving them more Orcish names. Are there any others that seem like they would be a good fit?

If you have "nature hulk" orcs like in world of warcraft I would go with a high risk and hard hitting axe and shield style. Wild swing, martial dodge, offensive block and so on. For their fist martial art they use between themselves I would use some kind of kickboxing or tae known do. A mix of the most hard hitting parts would do.

As for Tolkien orcs like we saw in Shadow of Mordor or other "war clone orcs"  I would go with no martial art for most orcs as they preferred method would be to push an opponent down so they could step on his neck or swing a enemy around so they could stab him in the back with a hidden dagger. Just some skill levels in hth would do. 

Except for the orchish elite forces where they would have the martial art suitable to their weapon, (fencing, spear fighting) and so on and Commando training.

Thank you for the ideas. The orcs I was thinking of were more like Tolkien/D&D orcs rather than Warcraft or Warhammer orcs. 

For weapon fighting, I was just planning to use the one detailed in the martial arts handbook, since it seems to cover things pretty well. I could rename maneuvers to something more orcish though. 

Commando Training sounds like a possibility, and the Brick martial art style in the handbook seems like it could also work.

I don't see an orc using Martial Dodge or Nerve Strikes of any kind, but Martial Block and Choke Hold might make sense.