Fantasy Hero enhanced weapon powers/spells

Senjaz

Hopefully a Hero System Guru can assist in designing a power based on a description of what I want it to do. I am building Fantasy Hero spells based on a popular online game, several are weapon enhancement spells. Here are the shared traits:

Only one weapon power can be active on any given weapon at a time. Casting of further weapon powers replace the effects of earlier ones. Enhancement spells only affect the caster's weapons. It's typical for the caster to wield two weapons, one weapon + shield or a two-handed weapon

Caster pays END (mana) on activation only. The enchant lasts at least 1 minute.

Spells typically require incantations and/or gestures.

The weapon enchant has a chance to activate a beneficial effect when the wielder hits with an attack with the weapon (some might be 100% but if less can we use Requires a Roll?)

Examples of effects:

Fire damage, the power always does an extra 1d6 killing attack damage if the weapon attack hits

Taunt, the power increases the wielder's PRE specifically for taunting foes with a presence attack immediately after the weapon hits.

Fury, wielder gets 2 instant attacks against the same target (or extra damage equal to such attacks) about 25% of the time after the weapon hits.

Part of my confusion stems from the rules stating that the continuous modifier of a power means that you don't need to make future rolls against the same target, this was not my intention. I'd like it so that the casting of a weapon enchant takes time a half-phase to give the bonus and for it to affect future attacks for a duration.

Right now, I am leaning towards a multipower where slots are all bought 0 END but there is an END cost to switching slots. I am thinking that the reserve will also be bought with a limitation of slot only remains active for 1 minute, though not sure what price I would give that - would depend on how often I thought that a player would want the slot to continue for longer than that...five turns is a long combat in my games and that would mean the player deciding not to switch to alternative enchantments in that time...

22 hours ago, Senjaz said:

Only their own, and probably only while they hold it.

I would simply make it a multipower with a focus limitation downgraded for the availability of the focus.  Again, this is how I would do it, other GMs might have different ideas.

example:

15 multipower (Weapon spells) (30) OAF: Any weapon (downgraded to -1/2) Requires a roll 13-

1u Ice Rune: 3d6 Entangle no range -1/2

1u Fire Rune: 6d6 Blast No knockback -1/4

1u Lightning Rune: 1d6K RKA +4Stun Mod No range -1/2

1u Thunder Rune: 6d6 Sonic Flash No range -1/2

1u Pestilence Rune: 3d6 Con Drain