Favorite Asian and/or Hispanic superheroes

Starlord

Kamala Kahn, hands down one of the best teen superheroes ever created. (Her, Static from Milestone and the original Peter Parker are pretty much the best written, most fully realized teen characters in American supers.)

Not to mention, Kamala's transition as a new character taking on an old name, was done perfectly. (As was Danvers taking over the name of Capt. Marvel, the writers just have never figured out what to do with the new Capt. to make her compelling in her own book.)

ms marver.jpg

There was a really cool superhero in backup stories for Marvel in the 80s called White Tiger, he used amulets that gave him enormous martial arts skill.  He was hispanic.  And as I see, Bolo has mentioned him :)

I always liked White Tiger (Hector Ayala) when he appeared in Spider-Man comics. 

I'd also love to see Zorro though, wonderful story that is basically forgotten.  My local library doesn't even have the original book.

How about Ryan Choi, successor to Ray Palmer as the Atom?

Although my favorite Asian "superhero" remains Shang-chi. During his long writing stint on the Master of Kung-Fu title, Doug Moench gave the character so much depth, growth, and variety. I know he isn't technically super, but his skills let him compete with some genuine superhuman folks.

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

Technically Latino rather than Hispanic (speaking Portuguese rather than Spanish), I like Sunspot. I particularly like the way he was portrayed as part of the Avengers. His solution for defeating AIM was sheer brilliance.

250?cb=20141211003839

I agree. The US Avengers (and what preceded it) was an underrated book. It took seriously B (and C) level characters, and did something interesting with them. I missed enough of the 2000's X-Men to really understand how Sunspot went from '80s classic hotheaded cliché to genius, Tony Stark II, but more Machiavellian. However that particular shift happened, his leadership strategies and characterization were really well done.

Yeah I like Sunspot a lot, he's an interesting character.  All those team members that McLeod and Claremont came up with were great.

And I actually like the Bee Keeper uniforms for AIM. They are anonymous, they look more like a clean suit, and they make the group seem less like bad guy agents than just scientists.

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

And I actually like the Bee Keeper uniforms for AIM. They are anonymous, they look more like a clean suit, and they make the group seem less like bad guy agents than just scientists.

Likewise. The distinctive bad-guy agency uniform is a comic-book classic; and I grow bored of the costume trend in comics now toward "realism" and "practicality." If I wanted realism I'd read the news instead of comics.

Besides, when the heroes show up and terrify them, that color is less likely to show their embarrassing response. ;)