HERO System Mobile

sentry0

On 3/8/2018 at 12:54 PM, Spence said:

For 5th ed and earlier a KA's stun was calculated by multiplying the Body damage rolled by a multiplier from 1d6-1 min 1, or 1 to 5.  I had always played straight 1d6-1 for 0 to 5, but that was probably an early mistake that just stayed in our games.  I don't know if 1st/2nd ed had the min 1.

A quick check shows that 1st edition is mum on whether the minimum STUN multiplier is 0 or 1, while 2nd ed. specifies that the minimum is 1.

14 hours ago, rravenwood said:

A quick check shows that 1st edition is mum on whether the minimum STUN multiplier is 0 or 1, while 2nd ed. specifies that the minimum is 1.

Cool, the group I learned the game from started with first and always used 0-5.  Accounts of people being wounded and not realizing it is a real thing and being able to take body but no stun was a neat way of simulating it in cinematic super battles.   Realistic or not.   It grew on me and doing it any other way seems wrong now :think:

But on to the app.  I think that even as it is, it is a great tool, especially for new Hero gamers.  But being honest, I will be likely to only use the die roller.  I like good old hard-copy in hand for everything else.

I only asked the question because the current Killing Attack results are locked into "Chest (STUNx: 3, BODYx:1)" for all non-location damage rolls, the variant flat rate method mentioned in 5th ed (page 403) instead of the random 1-5 multiplier.  And I thought the ability to input the range of the random result or a flat value would allow not just the ability to tweak to individual play styles, but the ability to use it across all versions. 

But bear in mind that I have no idea of the feasibility or how hard such an "easy" adjustment would be :nonp:

7 minutes ago, Spence said:

I only asked the question because the current Killing Attack results are locked into "Chest (STUNx: 3, BODYx:1)" for all non-location damage rolls, the variant flat rate method mentioned in 5th ed (page 403) instead of the random 1-5 multiplier.  

That's a bug, when I was putting in the option to use 5th or 6th edition stun multipliers I fixed it.

3 minutes ago, sentry0 said:

That's a bug, when I was putting in the option to use 5th or 6th edition stun multipliers I fixed it.

Hmmm...   I didn't see an update available so I just deleted and re-installed it.  I don't see any options?  I'm running the android version.

4 minutes ago, sentry0 said:

Oh, I'm still working on the next build so it's not available yet...I have some stuff to do around the house today so it'll probably be tomorrow or Monday.

I just put in something for people with fat fingers......

:ugly:

I guess I was ahead of myself there....

And us fat fingered types thank you :thumbup:

I've pushed the 1.1.1 patch to the Play Store/App Store so you should be seeing them over the next day or so.  Full 1.1.1 patch notes are available here - http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/96734-hero-system-mobile/?do=findComment&comment=2642800

Android is typically faster at reviewing than Apple so you may see the update as soon as tonight for Android.  

When I try and load a character sheet using the iOS version on my iPad the application closes itself.  When I load the same character sheet using the Android version it works.  Also this happens if I am loading from my Google Drive (both apps) or if I copy the file from Google Drive to local storage on my iPad.  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, bluesguy said:

When I try and load a character sheet using the iOS version on my iPad the application closes itself.  When I load the same character sheet using the Android version it works.  Also this happens if I am loading from my Google Drive (both apps) or if I copy the file from Google Drive to local storage on my iPad.  Any ideas?

Off the top of my head I would suggest you flush any saved characters: Settings -> Clear on the "Loaded character" option.  You may want to consider clearing all your saved data to be sure.

So I understand, loading from Google Drive is closing your app regardless of platform?  Was the iPad version ever working for you?

I've been loading off of Google Drive for my own testing on Android it it's working for me. 

OK...so I spent some time hacking around last night and I squashed a couple of bugs with the iPad/iOS character loading code.  The Simulator is very hard to test with for this particular use case but I think I'm continuing to improve the reliability of the load on that platform.

I'm pushing a tiny update as we speak, it should be available later today.

1.1.2 patch notes - http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/96734-hero-system-mobile/?do=findComment&comment=2642800

13 hours ago, sentry0 said:

Off the top of my head I would suggest you flush any saved characters: Settings -> Clear on the "Loaded character" option.  You may want to consider clearing all your saved data to be sure.

So I understand, loading from Google Drive is closing your app regardless of platform?  Was the iPad version ever working for you?

I've been loading off of Google Drive for my own testing on Android it it's working for me. 

Yes I did do the clear.

I will delete all the files on the iPad and copy them again from my Google Drive to the iPad.

At one point it did work on the iPad. 

Android + Google Drive works fine.

11 minutes ago, bluesguy said:

Yes I did do the clear.

I will delete all the files on the iPad and copy them again from my Google Drive to the iPad.

At one point it did work on the iPad. 

Android + Google Drive works fine.

Interesting, well I found 2 bugs last night...one for iPad and one for iOS.

I would suggest you wait for the 1.1.2. patch to be rolled out.

RE Feature Request:   "Populate the damage tool by long pressing an equipment item or attack power"

Will this ultimately work for Equipment/Powers built as Multipowers?

What about AoE Explosions?

Great tool.  Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, C-Note said:

RE Feature Request:   "Populate the damage tool by long pressing an equipment item or attack power"

It should work for MPs just as well as non MP power.  There's a lot of cases to think of like a straight die roll vs a HA, compound powers, linked....it may be a pretty tricky thing to do.

I've been thinking of what I want to do here...ultimately I would like to generate a table for the user that shows the breakdown.  That may be a ways off though so a simple fix would be to just order the dice...manual intervention would be required so I wouldn't call it ideal.

I've added the "Explosion table" to the feature request list.

On March 14, 2018 at 8:17 AM, C-Note said:

Great tool.  Thank you so much!

Weapons Master 2

Cost Powers

24 Armor +8 rPD +8 rED

50 Multipower (50 Points)

2 u) Desolid, Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2), Does Not Protect Against Damage (+1/2), 1/2 END (+1/4)

5 u) EB 10d6, [16c] (-0)

5 u) EB 4d6, AE One Hex (+1/2), NND [LS: Self Contained] (+1), [16c] (-0)

5 u) EB 6d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), [16c] (-0)

4 u) EB 6d6, Explosion (+1/2), [16c] (-0)

2 u) HA +6d6, HTH Attack (-1/2)

3 u) Invisible [Hearing], No Fringe, No END (+1/2)

3 u) Missile Deflection [All Ranged Attacks] +5

2 u) Running +5", 8x NCM

2 u) Swinging 10", 8x NCM

5 ES: UV Sight

8 Running +4"

Total Powers Cost: 125 Points

1 hour ago, Hyper-Man said:

Yay. I can load the example character now. However, I can't scroll down to see all abilities in a single category  .

That's good news regarding being able to load the character.  Out if curiosity, what platform are you running and where are you loading from (local, Google drive, iCloud etc).  I'm trying to figure out where I need to focus my attention on for the character loading issues.

What do you mean by not being able to scroll down?  Specifically, what screen/tab are you looking at and what do you think you're not seeing?

FYI - I use your Clark Kent write-up all the time while testing...there's so many powers!  I use him like a worst case scenario in terms of having a huge list of things to display ;)