The Academics Thread

Pariah

Got a fourth done.  But the fifth one is ... resisting.  I had thought this was an ordinarily difficult problem, but one they'd negotiated more or less successfully on the previous test.  Wonder which wrinkle is getting them.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:35 AM, Pariah said:

Or Julius Caesar.

Sadly, if you ask most people what he is known for, he'd be "that guy who was doing it with Cleopatra".  :cry:

Besides, the farther back you go, the more you confound those who don't care for history.  (which on bad days I feel is pretty much everyone)

Last day of the Quarter today. Tomorrow is a non-student day, the first half of which will be spent off-site at a "this could really have been an e-mail" type of meeting. Final grades must be posted by 5:00 p.m. tomorrow. I'm hoping to get it all done tonight.

I just awoke from a dream wherein I learned that I had earned a score of 0.86/33 on my first Quantum Mechanics exam. 

It's not quite as bad as it sounds, though, because the class average was only 1.10/33.