Images while Desolid

indy523

Question

OK So using the Projection rules for an Astral Body I have a desolid bought as projection leaving a physical body behind.

I have also bought invisibility to sight and hearing group bought as linked to the projected form (it only works while desolid) and with the always on limitation reduced to 0 as iy is not a great hindrance to simulate a astral body that cannot be seen.

I want the character to be able to manifest as a ghostly form where his spirit currently is.

To do this I am buying images sight and sound 15 points with a +1/4A area affect radius 2m and the limitation No Range -1/2L and set effect form of characters physical body as ghostly image -1L  I also was going to add RSR Spirit Magic roll -1/2L and x2 End -1/2L to simulate it being stressful to maintain.

My question is do I have to buy Affects Physical World +2A in order to be seen by normal people in the physical plane.  On the one hand it is a power affecting the physical world but the text says there are exceptions such as flight bought as usable on others.  Does the advantage apply?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Regardless of what Sense Groups an Image does or doesn’t affect, if a Desolidified character wants solid characters to perceive and be affected by his Images, the Images power must have the Affects Physical World (+2) Advantage. Without that Advantage he could still create the Images, but they’d obviously be “Desolidified” to anyone who perceived them and thus incapable of causing any harm or having any effect. (In your specific case, this might not matter to you since all you want is to be seen. I think it might be simpler and easier just to change the way you bought your Invisibility so you can turn it off when you want to -- but to each his own. :) )