Several of the local schools are starting fall camp this week, so I figured this is as good a time as any to start a new college football thread. A few items of personal interest:
1. Can BYU recover from last season's 4-9 debacle and save Kalani Sitake's job?
1a. If Sitake does lose his job, who would replace him?
2. Most of the power rankings I've seen lately have Utah ranked number 3 in the Pac-12. Is this high praise for Kyle Wittingham's program, or an indictment of how mediocre the Pac-12 was last year, including 1-8 in bowl games?
3. Weber State, who made it to the FCS quarterfinals last year, has lost some players to graduation and some coaches to larger schools (including, oddly enough, BYU). Can the Wildcats make another deep playoff run this year?
4. Can anyone beat Alabama this year? And if so, how many Alabama losses (and to whom) will it take to keep them out of the playoff?
5. Is this the year Michigan finally does what they hired Jim Harbaugh to do?
6. Which Group of Five team will be this year's Central Florida?
All right, kiddos, let's talk some college football!