Question

Hey fellow gamers,  ive got something to run past you all.

I apologize if this has been asked/explained before, but my google-fu seems to be running weak today, and i simply cant seem to find the appropriate places in the rule books. I also am using this site on mobile, so i apologize if im in the wrong place for posting this, or if i have some spelling errors.

My group has had a revitalized feeling for Avatar: The Last Airbender and wish to play a campaign. Trying to bring the world to life in a Heroic setting, i want to bring a sense of realism and balance. My only real road block at the moment is water.

The waterbenders of the Avatar world can manipulate water through the use of their chi. But this is far more of a manipulation of existing water rather than just "water powers"

Which brings me to my issues. Water Blast (Energy Blast), Move Water (Telekinesis), and the like are all easy enough. But what about things like Transform? to change water into ice? or vice-versa? how much BODY does water have? the weight of water for things like Telekinesis can be figured out through volume and math.

But many abilities require certain amounts of water. and while we can create limitations, (can only use 1d6 of Water Blast per liter of available water) or some such, i think knowing a somewhat appropriate amount of body for water would help with transform, or it being evaporated away by a Firebender's blast.

There are plenty of examples on the body of rock and stone, and the thickness of walls, for Earthbenders. But no listings anywhere that i can find for good examples of water or ice. Would just using the BODY Object Table based on the amount of water in question? is this the simplest route? or is there something more appropriate for water or ice?

I could have missed something very obvious, or thinking about this all wrong. id love to hear any other suggestions on how to go about this.

1 answer to this question

The easiest/best way to determine this is by looking at the dramatic effect, so while the rules don’t address ice per se, we know that ice is brittle and subject to heat damage. I recommend selecting something with similar properties and then assigning its PD/ED (and any resistances) based on your campaign, for example, you could reason a low PD as ice shatters very easily, but a higher ED against non-heat sources. In terms of a direct correlation, you could look at something like plywood, 3/2, or home brew it to 3/3, etc.