Explain This, Comics Guys!! Podcast

8 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

All that reminds me why I don't like Bendis' writing.

Also: by now you know how badly they Deadpooled the Taskmaster 😕

It's an unfortunate weakness, but moviemakers tend to assume we don't want to hear funny characters be funny in action sequences. You'd think Spider-Man would have helped with that. dw

7 hours ago, Darren Watts said:

It's an unfortunate weakness, but moviemakers tend to assume we don't want to hear funny characters be funny in action sequences. You'd think Spider-Man would have helped with that. dw

"I don't know if you've ever been in a fight before, but there's not usually this much talking."

• 2 weeks later...

OK listened to the episode.  I do remember Loki appearing as a woman in various times in the comics, but never as Loki (that is, he would pretend to be a woman at times) which is how he behaved in the mythology.  Loki never showed up in Asgard as a Girl Loki but he'd use shapeshifting and illusion to sometimes be a woman to fool someone (usually Thor).

On 8/6/2021 at 1:45 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

OK listened to the episode.  I do remember Loki appearing as a woman in various times in the comics, but never as Loki (that is, he would pretend to be a woman at times) which is how he behaved in the mythology.  Loki never showed up in Asgard as a Girl Loki but he'd use shapeshifting and illusion to sometimes be a woman to fool someone (usually Thor).

Thor vol. 3, starting with issue #5, is the run I refer to. He arranges to be reborn in the body originally intended for Sif. dw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like what Kirby had in mind for the Eternals, that makes them interesting and a great story that I would have liked to see develop. Its too bad Kirby didn't or couldn't do some independent work.  He had the name recognition and fan support, I think it could have worked as a stand alone concept and world.  I don't like what Marvel did with them, and the movie plot doesn't sound particularly thrilling either.

• 2 weeks later...

It's Listener Request time over at Explain This, Comics Guys!! One of our distinguished and attractive listeners requested help in keeping Marvel's various alien empires straight, so here's a bunch of info about those rascally Skrulls!! https://explainthis.podbean.com/

On 11/28/2021 at 9:30 AM, mattingly said:

Do you have a Hawkeye episode coming up?

Not scheduled yet, but we might do one. dw

• 2 weeks later...