General Template Problem

Astromath

I am unfortunately without a laptop at present (out for repairs)...and it’s relatively tricky to go through xml files in any detail on a mobile platform.  Without going through the file, the main thing I would suggest is that you look at where you’re adding the science skills definition in the HDT file — since HDT files can contain character data as well as rules information (template data), they can get a little confusing....particularly as character data and template data have a very similar structure/appearance.  Make sure that you’re not putting the information into the <CHARACTER>...</CHARACTER> container.

I copied the Superheroic6e.hdt file (which is basically a blank template) and renamed the copy to Skills6e.hdt.  I then copied the science Skill xml section from the Main6e.hdt and added the copy to the Skills section of the new Skills6e.hdt.  I then added <EXAMPLE>[name of science]</EXAMPLE>.  I made sure that there is a </[command]> for every <[command]>.  It seems to import ok, but the science list doesn't appear, only a blank fill-inable box as if there was no science skills to choose.

I’ll need to wait to respond until I’m on a more appropriate system...but I’ll state that ability overrides (including Science Skill exactly like you’re describing) have been done...so there’s something awry in your HDT file that’s causing the issue.

Again, once I get my main system back online, I’ll take a look and let you know specifically where the issue is.

Laptop is back...a couple of things:

1. Don't extend builtIn.Main6E.hdt -- extend one of the rules-specific templates.  In your case, builtIn.SuperHeroic6E.hdt

2. Lose the SOURCE container -- it's not needed and appears to be causing issues (due to the lack of any matching source material in the app, since they're moot for 6E)

Still having problems.  Here's the new file.  I've deleted all SOURCE containers and changed to builtin.Superheroic6E.hdt.  It seems to load the template ok, but the list from the EXAMPLE containers are still not showing up.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong in HD itself?  I'm using under the Current Character tab, Add Extension Template.

Skills6E.hdt