July 2020 Superdraft: Pick A Color!

Pariah

The assembled heroes (and Larfleeze) are startled at the voice coming from nowhere. The source of the voice soon appears as a figure appears in front of the group. The figure appears to be a small man in a futuristic looking orange out fit with purple trim and white hair on the sides of his head. he also sports a purple derby hat.

" Hello there, nitwits. Ready for the fun to begin? "

Thing: " What the flamin'...? Who the heck are you? "

Mr. Mxyzptlk; " I'm you're worst nightmare, you bumbling boulder. You can call me Mr. Mxyzptlk. "

Larfleeze: " I can't even pronounce that. "

Mr. Mxyzptlk: " You can barely pronounce your own name, you giant orange gerbil. "

Larfleeze: " What's a gerbil? Is it valuable? If it is...I want one! "

Mr. Mxyzptlk: " The guardians sure have lowered their standards for who they let have these infinite power sources, eh? Who else do we have? Ah yes....Sea Man. Talk to any fish lately? "

Aquaman: " It's AQUA-man...and that's not my only power! "

Mr. Mxyztplk: " Whatever.  And here we have Starslut…"

Starfire: " HEY!  That's not true! Why are you so mean? " (The alien woman instinctive shoots an energy blast at the imp, but he casually raises his hand an the beam turns into a shower of flower petals before it even reaches him.)

Mr. Mxyzptlk: " Hmmm....maybe it was another universe. Seems like there's another one every year. And last....and certainly least...Melonhead. "

Captain Citrus: " It's Captain Citrus. "

Mr. Mxyzptlk: " And you say it with such pride. Listen up, you freshly squeezed pile of pus....the ONLY reason you're here is that you were the lamest orange themed sentient being I could think of in the known Multiverse. So...congrats! "

Captain Citrus: " I hate this guy. "

The ACTUAL Antagonist: Mr. Mxyzptlk!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Mxyzptlk

MM.png

Aquaman(whispering to the others): " All we have to is get him to say his name backwards and he'll go away. "

Mr. Mxzyptlk: " Sorry, Aquadork. That doesn't work anymore. I'll tell you what....you fine heroes save Orange County and I'll go find my amusement elsewhere. "

Captain Citrus: " Save it? Save it from what? There's nothing going on. " 

(Suddenly, the noise begins.....boom boom Boom Boom BOOM BOOM...)

Starfire: " Are those...footsteps? "

Suddenly all around them is a chorus of music...  Buuuuh buh buh buh buuh Buuuuuh buh buh buh buh buuuh buuh buh buh buh buhm.  The ground starts to shake all around them...

Thing: " I KNOW I've heard that flamin' music before. OH CRIPES!!!!

Moving towards them is a 300+ foot lizardlike monster with black and orange skin. It's giving off an enormous amount of heat and radiates with an orange glow. It roars and windows shatter for blocks around.

Larfleeze: " I want one! "

OPTION: Burning Godzilla

118462308_BurningGodzilla.jpg.21626ee62c9c0c3ef47e8c119ec23b78.jpg

Final pick: Fiction, Antagonist, and Title.

The five heroes met in a room with dim lights.  Each of them had received an invitation to meet in a garishly-colored meeting room at a cheap motel outside of Dallas.  The leader -- who wore a trenchcoat with the collar turned up and a purple baseball hat with the bill pulled down to conceal his face -- welcomed each one in person, passed out refreshments, and when all of them were present, began his pitch with a minimum of preamble.

"I have called you all to stop a monstrous evil.  He is bent on destroying the mental faculties of the next generation. I come with authorization from the very highest authority.  You will all be well rewarded when our mission is fulfilled.

"Our enemy is insidious.  Despicable.  He corrupts children.  Brainwashes them.  Might as well turn them into zombies.  They may be happy, but if so, it is for very wrong reasons, and it is unlikely to last."

The speaker cleared his throat.

"To defeat him we will need an unlikely collection of abilities.  First, we need a spy.  To find out his plans for the day on which we will act."

"Dot vould be me," said Natasha.

"We need someone to be three places at once, because his agents and stooges are everywhere."

"That sounds like someone we know," said the three instances of Triplicate Girl, winking at each other.

"We need a ghost.  A very material ghost.  But one used to fighting evil and defeating tyrants and exploiters."

"I'm here," said the Phantom.

"We need something who can create anything he wants, when he wants it."

"That's me!" exclaimed Harold.

"You in particular will have to be careful.  Our adversary finds people like you particularly ... tasty.  You match the demographic of his favored victims.  That means, of course, part of your role is to be ... bait."

"Not happy about that," said the boy.

"Of course not, but it is necessary.  And our other heroes will protect you.  But we are counting on you to create an unbreakable trap, a solid block of amethyst, in which our enemy is to be entombed, and then we will dump him ... in a place only one of us will know.  And that one is myselves.

"And finally, we need something impossible.  Almost infinitely extensible reach."

"With or without left-handed guitar?" asked Coilman with a smirk.

"As it happens, we have music in mind already, because our adversary uses music evilly as part of his brainwashing and zombification process."

"We will need a very fast car, which I have arranged to rent from Dick Dastardly.  I will operate it."

"So who are we going to overthrow?" asked the Phantom.

"We will put an end to the treason of ....

barney_the_dinosaur.jpg

Antagonist:  BARNEY DINOSAUR

Title:   alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die