I just took the plunge.

Shiva13

Less than 5 minutes ago, I put in an order with Hero Games for my own print copy of Champions Now. And it should be in my hands in a couple of weeks due to the shipping method I used.

I bought the print and pdf bundle. And I am going to loan my physical copy to a local friend who never went beyond 3rd edition. To get his opinion. To see if he likes it. If he does, you can bet he will buy a copy of his own. And we might both get together and do a test campaign to dent its tires. So to speak.

This has been my first Champions product in many years. So I'm hoping I get my money's worth from it. I'm feeling positive about it. So I'm eager to see the outcome.

Well... be happy.  Hanging out here you have at your disposal the best possible resource for learning the game, building your first characters, creating a game world of your own, learning how to GM and deal with players. 
   From the original creators of the game to players and GM’s and players of all levels and styles you are surrounded by all the help (sometimes too much help) you could ask for.  Have fun and stay healthy.

I'm not new to Champions. Just Champions Now.

I have my own superhero world I originally conceived with Champions that has actually resulted in 14 novels. A combination of graphic novels and regular prose. With more to come there everyday.

I've found that writing has brought me a lot of pleasure. And has let me do things with my characters I could never do with my history of game groups. It's just brought a lot of fulfillment I did not get in the past.

As far as superhero gaming goes. It's now a side pursuit.

But it was Champions 3rd Edition that got me started. And I have owned every edition of the Hero System rules since.

Oops, no offense.  I read your + number for your number of posts. Serves me right for trying to read when I’m only half awake.
   The sentiment still goes though. This is a good place with good people.  I’ve seen a LOT of gaming and Sci-Fi sites filled with trolls, Misogynist garbage and nasty little teenagers throwing every sort of racial and homophobic insult there is. This place is a haven of polite behavior and reasonable, helpful folks.

P.S.  What kind of stuff do you write?  You mentioned formats but not style or genre.

14 minutes ago, Tjack said:

P.S.  What kind of stuff do you write?  You mentioned formats but not style or genre.

Superhero fiction. With a large Pulp, Golden, some small Silver influences, and story complexity of the Bronze Age. But I also dip into pulp scifi and some other pulp subgenres when I feel the need.

The heroes tend to be low powered with usually one big impressive trick. I really haven't had any true bricks in the stories yet. Giant monsters? Yes. But no bricks.

In the setting, superheroes have only been public since the 1970's. They existed before then.. But they were largely urban legends. Along with the more conventional pulp heroes.

The '70s was when nobody could deny the reality of them. As the big things happened. Like the first major supervillain team making a very public splash on an international level.

Welcome aboard! I haven't had the chance to do much gaming recently (even before the quarantine) since I moved two counties away from my gaming group some years ago. But Champions Now has got me back into the mindset of thinking about character stories and points and putting pencil to paper, so I've really enjoyed it. I hope you have a great experience with it as well!

• 2 weeks later...