RIP Grant Imahara (Mythbusters)

Old Man

4 hours ago, Dr. MID-Nite said:

He didn't even look 49.

Age and condition of health doesn’t really matter.  (Bad habits WILL make your odds worse.)  
   You’re born with a weak spot in a blood vessel in your head or your heart and at some point all the dice come up snake eyes. It might be when you’re 20 years old playing basketball,  92 years old blowing out the the candles on the cake or even a dashingly handsome gamer type in his early 40’s sitting in a restaurant. (Trust me, I know ‘bout that last one.)

If you’re insanely lucky, you get brought to a place that can help. (Even if that happens, it just means that it’s likely to happen again sometime.)  If not you find yourself somewhere trying to explain about that Hershey Bar you swiped when you were five.

All in all it’s not the worst way to go, it doesn’t hurt and it’s over too fast to be scared.  He seemed like a good man and I’m sure that he was loved and will be missed.

(Thanks for letting me vent...Hot button.)

Yes, he played Sulu in Star Trek Continues.  It was one of the better on line Trek shows with good writing and real actors.  It’s worth checking out if Trek is your thing   James Doohan’s son played Scotty.

I don't give a rat's ass about most celebrities, but I made a point of taking younger boy to meet Mr. Imahara when he came out this way.  The meeting was brief, but he was amazingly down to earth and was able to convince my son (who is mechanically inclined) that a career like his was perfectly attainable with a little persistence.  Despite all that he'd done, he was just... Grant. 

He also had the best stories about Jamie, who might be the most unintentionally funny man on Earth.