Who is the Better Hero?

Greywind

I've been rewatching the MCU and noticed something in the Iron Man franchise.

Iron Man: Pepper takes out Stane.

Iron Man 2: Pepper takes out Hammer. Tony loses to a previous suit worn by a rookie. It takes both Tony and Rhodey to take out Vanko.

Iron Man 3: Pepper takes out Killian Aldrich.

So, who is the better hero? Pepper or Tony?

Pepper's getting her moments in the movie spotlight to justify the actress's paycheck. Iron Man struggles at times because it makes for a better story for a movie audience.

If I needed to be rescued or needed a mission to be accomplished, I'd rather have Tony seriously making the attempt than to have Pepper seriously attempting it.

If I had a boring or mundane task which needed to be accomplished, I'd much rather depend on Pepper than Tony.

I think Pepper is a far better executive for Stark Enterprises as well. Tony is a nightmare from a business operations perspective, he clearly doesn't know what the heck he's doing. 

He's a gifted engineer, and scientist. Really accomplished as a superhero. 

Maybe he should stick to that though, his business acumen is otherwise pretty lacking in the movies. 

Pepper starts as the PA and by IM2 is CEO. By the time The Avengers rolls around, she is making executive decisions regarding Stark Tower and and friends with a high level SHIELD agent, Phil Coulson. 

And working this through, Tony put up the money to finance the Avengers Compound, and it could be more than sure that Pepper was the person who made it happen. 

She reminds me in many ways of Tim Cook. Steve Jobs preferred to work on products and Tim as COO was handling all the operational & supply lines to ensure, each new model was available in quantities on opening day, that people would line up just to buy it.  

7 hours ago, Greywind said:

I've been rewatching the MCU and noticed something in the Iron Man franchise.

Iron Man: Pepper takes out Stane.

Iron Man 2: Pepper takes out Hammer. Tony loses to a previous suit worn by a rookie. It takes both Tony and Rhodey to take out Vanko.

Iron Man 3: Pepper takes out Killian Aldrich.

So, who is the better hero? Pepper or Tony?

Well, let me look back over the scenes in question.

Pepper takes out Stane at Tony's direction and insistence.

MCU Justin Hammer is a dweeb, and never the real threat. Tony actually kicked Rhodey's ass, putting him down twice for an extended period, and that's when Tony was sick and drunk. It's a classic comic-book plot for two rival heroes to have to work together to take out the main villain.

Pepper takes out Killian when she's hopped up on Extremis, and also using one of Tony's suits' weapons, and only after Tony nearly killed him with his exploding armor, leaving Killian a half-dead mess.

Don't get me wrong, I really like MCU Pepper Potts. She's brave, and smart, and capable. She also causes a lot less trouble than Tony. But on the evidence, as far as being better at conventional superheroing, I'd have to give it to Tony.