Teen Champions Supervillains

It might be amusing to try and teen-ify existing villains.

Imagine a young genius who idolizes Dr. Destroyer (like a teen groupie version of Professor Muerte)? He could build himself a relatively low-level suit of power armor and go on a villainous rampage to take over the town the young heroes live in. Maybe a bit like a Bronze or Silver Age Lex Luthor in the old Superboy comics, so some Unluck is called for.

How about Menton’s young niece who wants to be just like her uncle someday? Her plans tend to fail because she keeps getting distracted by cute boys.

Or maybe a robotic soldier in Mechanon’s forces who has faulty programming, recurring amnesia and relatively weak armament?

How would you teen-ify other existing supervillains?

32 minutes ago, Steve said:

Imagine a young genius who idolizes Dr. Destroyer (like a teen groupie version of Professor Muerte)? He could build himself a relatively low-level suit of power armor and go on a villainous rampage to take over the town the young heroes live in. Maybe a bit like a Bronze or Silver Age Lex Luthor in the old Superboy comics, so some Unluck is called for.

How about Menton’s young niece who wants to be just like her uncle someday? Her plans tend to fail because she keeps getting distracted by cute boys.

Or maybe a robotic soldier in Mechanon’s forces who has faulty programming, recurring amnesia and relatively weak armament?

"Fox Brat" clames to be a teenage cross gendered clone of Foxbat. She sees herself as a sort of princess, has her own modified pingpong ball gun, and a supervillain disguise of a tacky prom dress, a Foxbat style mask with areas to expose her hair, and a belt holster for her gun. She is a bratty princess. A weird bratty princess. 

Tailsman has 'adopted' a talented teenage girl from a magical dimension which caught her eye. She has some knowledge of darkness, fire, lighting, and ice spells, and Tailsman plans on teaching her more. She has taken the name Darkwalk, explaining that it fits her current situation perfectly (as she describes herself as a "Walker On The Path of Darkness").

Created by Telos is Malachite. Malachite is a teenage clone of Telos, created as an experment and to quell his curiosity about what the 'perfect spawn' would be like. Malachite enjoys experimenting with evolution and genetic changing. Malachite even experiments with itself. He has been male and female at different times in the recent past, and has even made himself become humanoid animals. He also robs banks, cause Science! can't fund itself after all. 

I think one of the best location ideas is from Urusai Yatsura is the school where just about everything seems to happen (all because of Ataru's massive unluck).  Spirits, aliens, magic, tech, etc.  Of course, that might be a bit too zany for some games/players.

3 hours ago, dsatow said:

I think one of the best location ideas is from Urusai Yatsura is the school where just about everything seems to happen (all because of Ataru's massive unluck).  Spirits, aliens, magic, tech, etc.  Of course, that might be a bit too zany for some games/players.

Well, Ataru usually brings the problems on to himself, mostly because he is both stupid and a pervert.

A teen 'villain' based on Ataru might be interesting. He has a harem of superpowered girls all wanting to be "The One", and willing to do anything for him, ordered or perceived.  This is "bad luck" turned upon his head.

35 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Well, Ataru usually brings the problems on to himself, mostly because he is both stupid and a pervert.

A teen 'villain' based on Ataru might be interesting. He has a harem of superpowered girls all wanting to be "The One", and willing to do anything for him, ordered or perceived.  This is "bad luck" turned upon his head.

Fox Brat could be one of them.  She's the rather snooty daughter of wealthy parents who are always away somewhere, leaving her in the care of their kind-hearted housekeeper.  One night, our snooty teen discovers the entrance to Foxbat's lair and, somehow, downloads his memories and personality into her brain.

Now, I have to think up a few more.

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

To Love Ru anyone?

Time-travelling teens arrive from the future to invite the group to join the League of Super-Dudes. 

Being a member of the LSD includes perks such as getting a flight ring, living in the future, and having lots of groupies. 

The group takes the medicine to protect their bodies from the ravages of time, enter the time bubble, and they're off to the future.

After an indeterminate amount of time adventuring in the future, the group discovers that they really just been high on a hallucinogenic drug for a very long time.

Your call on whether their adventures with the LSD have all taken place completely in their minds or if they've gallivanted all over the city while fighting "future-villains". 

On 7/30/2020 at 1:22 AM, Steve said:

One of the PCs in my game is the "son" of Mechanon and the Engineer, after one of their fights did weird things to one of the Droids in Mechanon's base.  He has some parental issues.

I'm seriously kicking around doing "FoxBat Beyond".  FoxBat has been Fox-Batting for years, is pushing 50, and after developing shin-splints decided it's time to pass on the Ping-Pong gun to a worthy heir.  He stages a loud and ridiculous death, and then a few months later "FoxBat Beyond" shows up, clearly getting prompts on his villain speeches and spending half his time arguing with someone over his earpiece.  Meanwhile one of the students the PCs know at school starts looking tired all the time & has weird bruises in the locker room.  He also starts citing old episodes of "Omegas" as historical documentaries.  Is he being abused at home?  No, his new job as a personal assistant to Mr. Foswell involves a *lot* of extraordinary service.

For "Old" Foxbat  I'm picturing a cross between Julio Scoundrel from Order of the Stick, someone roleplaying a wise mentor but who is really just spouting fortune cookie koans, and someone playing an MMO.

On 7/30/2020 at 4:20 PM, steriaca said:

While I'm not sure if she's a villain, we could add a 20th century version of Xena, with the same weapons and armor and substituting him for Gabrielle.

On 7/30/2020 at 2:27 PM, archer said:

To Love Ru anyone?

On 7/30/2020 at 2:28 PM, steriaca said:

I herd of it, but have not yet seen it.

The one episode I saw was so dang gratuitous that it turned me off. If I were a teenage boy, I'd probably have loved it because it WAS so gratuitous.

You could have an expy of Lum as a sort-of-bad girl. TV Starfire is a perfect example, displaying many Lum-like qualities (unfamiliarity with how things work on Earth, an imprecise grasp of English, literal-mindedness on occasion, and a reciprocated crush on Robin that will likely develop into something deeper).

2 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

The one episode I saw was so dang gratuitous that it turned me off. If I were a teenage boy, I'd probably have loved it because it WAS so gratuitous.

You could have an expy of Lum as a sort-of-bad girl. TV Starfire is a perfect example, displaying many Lum-like qualities (unfamiliarity with how things work on Earth, an imprecise grasp of English, literal-mindedness on occasion, and a reciprocated crush on Robin that will likely develop into something deeper).

Considering Starfire was one of many people Richard "Dick" Greyson tapped, both men and women...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but villains based on hip culture seems to be popular in teen based hero groups.  I'm not too up on modern teen hip culture, but how about Social Medium, a magic using villain who uses social media platforms to control the minds of victims.

1 hour ago, Anaximander said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but villains based on hip culture seems to be popular in teen based hero groups.  I'm not too up on modern teen hip culture, but how about Social Medium, a magic using villain who uses social media platforms to control the minds of victims.

Isn't that just a re-skinning of Mark Zuckerberg? ;) 

On 8/19/2020 at 11:30 PM, carmachu said:

What exactly is generation viper?

On 8/20/2020 at 12:51 AM, steriaca said:

VIPER's group of teenager criminals with superpowers. 

A VIPER project to raise and train a new generation of supers to be loyal to and serve it. A kind of distorted reflection of Ravenswood Academy, the Champions Universe's school for young supers. Both of those are detailed in the Teen Champions source book.

20 hours ago, Anaximander said:

Another thing about Social Media is some Youtubers video do outrageous stunts for likes. So the Teen Villains do flashy crimes to take videos of themselves.

• 4 weeks later...