The Champions Campaign Wiki Begins!

pbemguy

Okay, it's a couple days early, but we can get started at the new wiki:

https://championsrpg.fandom.com/wiki/Championsrpg_Wiki

RULES

1. We ask that anyone editing the wiki please sign up at herogames.com/forums and use the same username as you are using at herogames.com (your work will likely be deleted if you don't follow this). People who are already members at herogames.com, please use the same username. Our copyright blurb depends upon the fact that you are using the same username here as there. So there.

2. Check out the threads at herogames.com/forums regarding the wiki before you go too nuts, just so's you get a feel for what we're doing.

3. We're using the DC Animated-style HeroMachine for our default character design style. This is a non-commercial use, so we're fine.

4. The write-ups should be in 6e as the default, but there should be tabs for other conversions, as demonstrated by the Tarrasque entry in the Forgotten Realms wiki (which is hosted at the same site)

5. Have fun. Don't be afraid to get started. I can't imagine anyone deleting anything anyone else has done....just try to build on what already exists. Whoever gets in there earliest gets to set the direction of it, so be the first and go nuts!

6. Post on this thread if you have any questions!

ANYONE READING THIS SENTENCE CAN JOIN AND EDIT. IT'S NOT A PRIVATE CLUB, YOU ARE ALL INVITED!

Just saw this thread now.  I've spent the last hour trying to just get that Hero Designer thing to work and have failed utterly.  I am disinclined at this point to continue.  It does not help that I do not enjoy those illustrations one bit.  I expect if I submit characters, I will leave it to others to add art to them.

I also have zero experience editing Wiki, other than correcting typos and misspellings, and that is mostly just finding the text entry. Not sure at this point just how helpful I will be.

33 minutes ago, Panpiper said:

Just saw this thread now.  I've spent the last hour trying to just get that Hero Designer thing to work and have failed utterly.  I am disinclined at this point to continue.  It does not help that I do not enjoy those illustrations one bit.  I expect if I submit characters, I will leave it to others to add art to them.

I also have zero experience editing Wiki, other than correcting typos and misspellings, and that is mostly just finding the text entry. Not sure at this point just how helpful I will be.

No worries! Hey, you can post your characters here on this thread and I will put them into the wiki. It's a learning experience. I've edited Wikipedia a bit and the interface at fandom.com is actually similar to the one here at herogames.com/forums

So....post some stuff here and I'll move it to the wiki! Let's start with 6e write-ups if we can.

PS: The Fabrica de Herois can be downloaded from the official site:

http://www.fabricadeherois.com.br/#fabricas

We are aiming at using the FH Animated.

image.png.a355d4eca10e3528c072c0f6434e883a.png

On 8/2/2020 at 12:57 PM, IndianaJoe3 said:

I did a poll. "Standard superheroic" (400/75) was by far the most popular option.

20 hours ago, Greywind said:

I would say it would depend on the character. If you're building heroes, sure, standard builds. If you're building a villain, depends on what your intent for the villain is.

13 hours ago, steriaca said:

I finally found this.

Nice! :)

I can put this into the wiki. Anyone want to take a crack at making an image for these characters?

22 hours ago, steriaca said:

I have to cross post this character, Paradox Timely of the TED. I was trying to find her archenimie Malkronous (Malcronous?), but failed.

So I'll just leave this link here.

It's going to take me a bit to post this because it's not in "final form" and will require me to read the thread and patch it all together. Which is okay...it's just going to take time.

Anyone want to donate their Fabrica de Herois skills to make pics for this entry?

:)

55 minutes ago, pbemguy said:

It's going to take me a bit to post this because it's not in "final form" and will require me to read the thread and patch it all together. Which is okay...it's just going to take time.

Anyone want to donate their Fabrica de Herois skills to make pics for this entry?

:)

Actually she is kinda complete, except for hunting for her background and stuff.

Do you think "Hackable" is an appropriate Limited Power?

7 hours ago, steriaca said:

Actually she is kinda complete, except for hunting for her background and stuff.

Do you think "Hackable" is an appropriate Limited Power?

In the thread posted you said

"Limited Power (Hackable, -1/4)", which means a skilled hacker could force Paradox to use less of a stat than normal, or to it's maximum when she dosen't want to. Go figure.

Yeah, I think this is cool. :)

3 hours ago, steriaca said:

Prehaps the most slimy of all the villains I created is Mister Wicked. 

I completely disagree with this sort of supervillain build. It sets a VERY bad example for GMs and can easily instantly sour a player's desire to continue with your game. This is for MANY reasons, but I'll focus here just on the first that instantly leapt out at me.

You have here a character that can AND WILL kill player characters with one hit! I've seen GMs have to fudge their game to avoid killing characters with 5d6 killing attacks and here you have one with a 6 1/2d6 killing attack!  The normal attack too of 21d6 is again utterly out of whack. At least it's not area effect mind you, I'll give you that (yes, I've seen at least one GM deploy a massive, obliterate with one shot, area attack before and steadfastly be adamant this was not a problem).  I promptly dropped that game. Players have to be able to trust their GM to participate in their collaborative storytelling adventure. You are NOT "the enemy", you are NOT "trying to kill them". If the players think otherwise, you have a serious problem.

Supervillains should have powerful attack, yes, but not attacks that will one shot obliterate reasonably constructed characters. Their fearsomeness can come from high but not impossibly high defenses combined with damage reduction, along with a breadth of powers, resources and henchmen.

48 minutes ago, Panpiper said:

I completely disagree with this sort of supervillain build. It sets a VERY bad example for GMs and can easily instantly sour a player's desire to continue with your game.

You have here a character that can AND WILL kill player characters with one hit! I've seen GMs have to fudge their game to avoid killing characters with 5d6 killing attacks and here you have one with a 6 1/2d6 killing attack!  The normal attack too of 21d6 is again utterly out of whack. At least it's not area effect mind you, I'll give you that (yes, I've seen at least one GM deploy a massive, obliterate with one shot, area attack before and steadfastly be adamant this was not a problem).  I promptly dropped that game. Players have to be able to trust their GM to participate in their collaborative storytelling adventure. You are NOT "the enemy", you are NOT "trying to kill them". If the players think otherwise, you have a serious problem.

Supervillains should have powerful attack, yes, but not attacks that will one shot obliterate reasonably constructed characters. Their fearsomeness can come from high but not impossibly high defenses combined with damage reduction, along with a breadth of powers, resources and henchmen.

That is perfectly ok. Your entitled to your own opinion. And your free to not put him in the wiki.

Your also free to extremely modify him to suit your own views. Yes he is deadly. But with modifications he can be even less so. Tone down the sword cane. Tone down his savate martial arts. Mod him till he fits in an average superhero universe. 

When I created him, I had no idea what an average superhero should be, cause I was never in a 6ed campaign.

Anyone is free to slam him with a campaign hammer to him. Just give me credit as 'original idea'.

7 hours ago, Panpiper said:

I completely disagree with this sort of supervillain build. It sets a VERY bad example for GMs and can easily instantly sour a player's desire to continue with your game. This is for MANY reasons, but I'll focus here just on the first that instantly leapt out at me.

7 hours ago, steriaca said:

That is perfectly ok. Your entitled to your own opinion. And your free to not put him in the wiki.

Your also free to extremely modify him to suit your own views. Yes he is deadly. But with modifications he can be even less so. Tone down the sword cane. Tone down his savate martial arts. Mod him till he fits in an average superhero universe. 

When I created him, I had no idea what an average superhero should be, cause I was never in a 6ed campaign.

Anyone is free to slam him with a campaign hammer to him. Just give me credit as 'original idea'.

Could we include it with a kind of warning label? Maybe Panpiper can write something cautionary to put with the write-up. (Actually, what Panpiper already wrote might be enough if I slap it in the first paragraph of the write-up.)

Actually...maybe the "tone-down" idea is the best option.

Could someone revise the character and post it here?

5 hours ago, pbemguy said:

Could we include it with a kind of warning label? Maybe Panpiper can write something cautionary to put with the write-up. (Actually, what Panpiper already wrote might be enough if I slap it in the first paragraph of the write-up.)

Actually...maybe the "tone-down" idea is the best option.

Could someone revise the character and post it here?

I agree. Saw off D6es here and there. Prehaps even remove all killing attacks, as his Psychological Complication is MELODRAMATIC Murderer, meaning if he is going to kill someone, he has to go big or go home. Which was completely in character for him. Why simply stab or shoot someone when you can rig a canon to shoot someone point blank at midnight, while the victim is quite aware of their fate and tries to escape it.

I'll go back and say what I would remove.