Middle Earth Package Deals?

tkdguy

Has anyone made or know about any Middle-earth racial or cultural package deals? I did a bunch of MERP conversions for 4th Edition way back when, but I lost my work a long time ago. I never shared my work because it wasn't finished, so it wouldn't show up on the search. I'm okay with any edition even though I prefer 5th Edition; I can convert as necessary. Thanks in advance.

I'd probably keep magic a bit low key and mysterious. Maybe a Multipower or Elemental Control. Lots of spell-like effects, to borrow a term from D&D. But I'm mainly looking for templates or package deals for different races. I don't know if anyone has done them for HERO, and my Google searches have come up empty. I can always redo my work, but I'm a bit rusty on the HERO System. 

I have Fantasy HERO 5th Edition. I have thought about using the High Elf and Wood Elf templates, but I wasn't sure how well they'd fit. I was also wondering if I should use the Mountain Dwarf for all Dwarves, or find a way to use the Hill Dwarf template (e.g. Dwarves who aren't from Durin's line). Trying to figure out how many advantages to give to Dunedain.

Wood Elf, probably not. Wood elves in ME are "dark elves," which is to say they just never visited the Shining Shores. I would use the High Elf package with a toned down Intelligence and Presence, and a different cultural package.

Dunedain, strictly, aren't all that different from the Westerners and other common folk. Probably +1 Body and Con due to their height and heartiness, and more likely to be good-looking. Conceivably they might get a slight boost to PRE or EGO but we don't see a lot of them, outside Aragorn himself, so that's speculative. Aragorn, with his pure blood and Maiar and elf ancestry, also gets an extended lifespan, but those aren't common traits outside his bloodline.

Hi.

I have a thing I wrote about 3 years ago as an occasional  distraction from my wife's medical condition. Don't mistake me. I was there for her. Like mad. As in it drove her mad. She's fine now, by the way. But I digress. I wrote this. It was originally 62 pages+the cover, but a lot of stuff in that document could get me in a lot of trouble, so I trimmed it down to 9 pages.  It does not include my usual style of humor. I respect Tolkien's work too much to add Pleet Roodlepleen-style funny bits. 

The bits about magic come from The One Ring, an official Middle Earth product. I do not know if I would do it differently. You probably would tone it down a bit. 

Middle Earth Templates and Stuff.pdf

3 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

From what little I have observed, Dwarves do not seem to be fixated (or as fixated) on the delineation of "racial" lines the way Elves and Men are.

I believe in Dwarf minds there are only two types of people’s. There are the Dwarves and then there is everyone else. 😁

The Noldor and the Numenoreans were culturally advanced because of their contact with the Valar. The Sindar were also advanced because of Melian in the First Age. They were also seemed wiser and physically stronger than Wood Elves and Common Men for the same reason. However, I may have just been influenced by MERP's interpretation of the races.