Need a name for a Mystic super villain

chall

My first suggestion would be Mystic or Miss Tick.  But Greywind beat me to it.

I usually start using words from a thesaurus.  Here's some ideas I came up with that I think might be cool from the thesaurus.

Moonlight

Sneakthief

Owl

Pilf (short for pilferer)

Purloin

Minx

Scamp

Rogue

Faye

Pixie

Sprite

Mischief

Prank

Rascal

7 hours ago, Spence said:

And?

Villain.....

His original examples had an assassin, a theif and I don't remember Lady Blue in comics. 

All we know is a villain with mystical/wiccan flavor that could be an assassin or a theif or a who knows.

Just FYI, if the OP is using Champions character examples (which I suspect by their specifically categorizing Catwoman as a DC character), Lady Blue is a Robin Hood-esque thief using a force-field-generating costume, who keeps violence to a minimum. Champions Vixen is different from DC Vixen, in that she's a Desolidifying cat burglar, very much not a combatant. (Both are in Champions Villains Volume Three.) And of course, Catwoman doesn't usually kill unless she has to.

30 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Just FYI, if the OP is using Champions character examples (which I suspect by their specifically categorizing Catwoman as a DC character), Lady Blue is a Robin Hood-esque thief using a force-field-generating costume, who keeps violence to a minimum. Champions Vixen is different from DC Vixen, in that she's a Desolidifying cat burglar, very much not a combatant. (Both are in Champions Villains Volume Three.) And of course, Catwoman doesn't usually kill unless she has to.

Yes, I was referring to Lady Blue and Vixen of the Champions Universe.

3 hours ago, archer said:

Could go for Boline which is their white-handled ritual knife.

Or naming after one of the more easily-pronounced Wiccan holidays: 

Imbolc (Candlemas)

Ostara

Beltane

Litha

Lammas

Mabon

Ok. Would the general media know of these dates? Beyond Samhime that is. And I probably misspelled it.

3 hours ago, steriaca said:

Ok. Would the general media know of these dates? Beyond Samhime that is. And I probably misspelled it.

No. The villain would be educating the reporters one at a time when they'd google to find out what the hell kind of name that is.

I think that'd appeal to her.

Two possible names for your consideration:

Magpie - Inspired by the myth that magpie birds are attracted to (and steal) shiny objects and Rossini's opera La Gazza Ladra ("The Thieving Magpie")

Mirage - Since she can teleport in and out to steal with the infamous, "Now you see me, now you don't..."

This is not necessarily relevant for names, but what is the connection between the character's magic and being a Wiccan? This can go various ways, since there are different kinds of mystics. Using some of the basic types:

Scholar-Mage: The mystic gained magical powers through arcane study and practice. (Even if the potential for magic is inborn, a la Harry Potter, the character studied to learn to control it.) In this case, the character might have become interested in magic by way of Wicca, but her magic doesn't actually derive from it. Her powers are her own; she can use them and develop them any way she wants.

Priest/Pacter/Servant of Higher Powers: The character's magic comes from some supernatural entity: a god, a demon, a faerie, whatever. In this case, perhaps, Danu. The character's Wiccan beliefs are central to her magic: It's how she contacted the goddess (or the goddess contacted her). The supernatural patron probably has some interest in how the magic is used, and might even be able to shut it down. (Though not necessarily. Some gifts cannot be taken back. This is up to you, as GM.)

Wild Talent: The character's magic is instinctive, channeled neither through an occult system nor the aid of a spiritual patron. If there's any system or restriction on her magic, it's idiosyncratic and possibly exists only in her imagination. If she imagines her magic comes from Danu, this is news to the goddess. If she thinks there's some occult system explaining her magic, it might be one she got from a trashy pop-occult book. (Or a folk tradition, a novel, an Internet kook, a roleplaying game supplement...)

There are other possibilities, but this covers the main ones. (Like, she might have magic powers because she's the child of a mortal and a supernatural creature, but that could function as a subtype of Wild Talent.)

Dean Shomshak

On 8/4/2020 at 7:54 AM, archer said:

Could go for Boline which is their white-handled ritual knife.

Or naming after one of the more easily-pronounced Wiccan holidays: 

Imbolc (Candlemas)

Ostara

Beltane

Litha

Lammas

Mabon

Aw, come on.  What's so hard about Brighnasadh and Lughnasadh? :)  

Well, other than I forget the -dh in the spelling...it's silent...and Gaelic/Celtic language pronunciations are a royal pain.  I like to draw names from Celtic myth, or sometimes think "this guy should be Irish...what would his real name be," so spent some time learning some basic pronunciations.  The rules are quite different.....