6e attractiveness PRE attack modifier question

chall

I have a question on what type of PRE attack rolls people are using the PRE attack modifier for attractiveness/beauty? I understand the PRE attack modifier for ugliness but help me understand the PRE attack modifier for some one who is beautiful, say +1d6 modifier. Thank you in advance.

If you are using your PRE attack to influence a person in a positive way or where appearance may make a difference.

Ex: Say your character is a Hollywood Starlet or Supermodel.  You need to rent a room for you and your party but you are in one of the hotel's servicing a convention.  You could use a presence attack (I am a star!) to cow tow the front desk manager into giving you the better rooms and denigrating the worse room to conventioneers who haven't arrived yet compared to persuasion which doesn't rely as much on sheer presence as compared to talking.

The Presence attack is flavoured with whatever style you want to give it (scary mobster, impressive robot, seductive snake-person). That means that the Striking Appearance rarely affects it (only when the style of flavour includes "being attractive" and the target can percieve the style of flavour that your Striking Appearance takes) but when it does affect the roll, then your Striking Appearance adds +X/XD6 to the roll. +X to the difficulty you must roll under to affect the target, and XD6 added to the 'Damage' effect dice if the attack 'hits home'. The number for X is the number of levels of the Striking Appearance that you have that are applicable.

19 hours ago, dsatow said:

If you are using your PRE attack to influence a person in a positive way or where appearance may make a difference.

Ex: Say your character is a Hollywood Starlet or Supermodel.  You need to rent a room for you and your party but you are in one of the hotel's servicing a convention.  You could use a presence attack (I am a star!) to cow tow the front desk manager into giving you the better rooms and denigrating the worse room to conventioneers who haven't arrived yet compared to persuasion which doesn't rely as much on sheer presence as compared to talking.

Thanks that is helpful. I understand the mechanics of adding it to the Pre roll, just not the justification for it.

3 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Not all presence attacks are based on fear.  A presence attack can also be used to inspire people to follow you.  Think of the scene in Wonder Woman where she charges the German’s and the troops in the trenches follow her.  

Or, a classic is awe.  An angel appears overhead as two sides are about to knock heads inside a church, let's say in Mexico...a strong Catholic country.  The angel demands an explanation.

Both sides stop, and many have to bend over to pick up their jaws....

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, PsiJudge McCabe said:

The Presence attack is flavoured with whatever style you want to give it (scary mobster, impressive robot, seductive snake-person). That means that the Striking Appearance rarely affects it (only when the style of flavour includes "being attractive" and the target can percieve the style of flavour that your Striking Appearance takes) but when it does affect the roll, then your Striking Appearance adds +X/XD6 to the roll. +X to the difficulty you must roll under to affect the target, and XD6 added to the 'Damage' effect dice if the attack 'hits home'. The number for X is the number of levels of the Striking Appearance that you have that are applicable.

So, apologies. Fun thread but I’m going to do the thing where I ruin it for everyone. Sorry, pardon me.

Where’s my hat? Ah, here it is.

Striking Appearance. Your definition is one interpretation; doesn’t matter if you’re attractive, hideously ugly, or a super cute toddler. Striking Appearance gives you its bonus circumstantially based on how you defined it upon purchase. Striking Appearance: Clearly a f*ING DEMON, is going to get certain types of people’s attention. Conversely, people accustomed to dealing with Tieflings are going to blink and shrug. Striking Appearance: Bow chicka-wow-wow, only works at full value on people who are into whatever it is. And so on.

The rest of your post implies that, but I wanted to make it clear for anyone coming in; define how your appearance is striking, and then apply accordingly.

As you were.