Star Trek (Voyager): What's the Best Episode?

archer

Voyager is definitely not in the class of TOS, TNG, or DS9, but they're are some good episodes IMO.  My favorite is Blink of an Eye that explores time passing differently on the surface of a planet than for the ship in orbit.  Voyager is able to observe the growth of an entire civilization over just a few days or weeks.  Usually, any of the episodes the feature the Doctor are ones that I enjoyed as well.

I would argue that the series finale, Endgame, is as strong as either All Good Things (TNG) or What You Leave Behind (DS9). It's certainly better than These Are The Voyages... (Enterprise), although that's not a high bar to clear.

I also enjoyed the episode Thirty Days, where Tom Paris spends a month in the brig for breaking orders.

I saw most of them. 

I liked Tuvix, since it was different than the "let's get home" and "alien threat of the week" plots that the first few years relied on heavily. And because it explored an issue that I don't think had been touched on before in Trek.

My favorite line from Voyager comes from when someone introduces 7 of 9, and Chakotay chimes in "You don't want to meet the other 2."

The episode Demon (4th season) was interesting, if not immediately compelling. The crew find a Class Y ("Demon-class") planet and explore. They discover strange life-forms that can imitate their appearance and attributes. In the end, Janeway allows these organisms to copy anyone on the crew that will agree to it. First contact successfully complete, and on to next week's episode. 

Then there was the season 5 episode Course: Oblivion. Voyager is in more trouble than usual, which is saying something. Crew members are getting sick and the ship is malfunctioning, and both are getting worse. As Janeway & company search for answers, it is revealed that this isn't Voyager at all--it's the alien clones from Demon. They had decided to explore the universe themselves. As they realize that being away from their home planet is killing them, they turn around and try to make it back in time. They also try to create a time capsule to leave a record of their experiences in case they don't make it. Both efforts fail. The real Voyager arrives just after the nick of time, notes discovering some interesting material floating in space, and is on their way.

This callback to an episode more than a season earlier was one of Voyager's best stories.

• 4 weeks later...

It might reasonably be argued that everyone* on Voyager was underutilized, because the writing sucked most of the time.

*Except Robert Beltran, who visibly started phoning it in somewhere in the second or third season, and Jeri Ryan, who was, well, overutilized, if you know what I mean.

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

It might reasonably be argued that everyone* on Voyager was underutilized, because the writing sucked most of the time.

*Except Robert Beltran, who visibly started phoning it in somewhere in the second or third season, and Jeri Ryan, who was, well, overutilized, if you know what I mean.

The backroom politics of ST:VOY were...in a word...childish. Beltran talked about being given the run-around and Garrett Wang's Harry Kim was kept Ensign for seven (!) years because of a petty reason.