Jump to content

First meeting


Mark Rand
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, steriaca said:

(Ooc: Some news. Beast will not be joining us for a while. It is not in my power to reveal exactly why, but it is something seemly medical. Let's pray for Beast's recovery. )

(I hope he recovers soon.  As a person with his own medical problems,  I'll try to relate)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(Likewise.  Fortunately, my medical problems are minor.  For now, I'll run Ghost Cat.)

 

Ghost Cat enters the copter, secures the doors, sits, fastens her safety belts, puts on her headset, and says, "Doors are secure, Joanna."

 

Joanna responds, "Understood.  Looking at the overhead panel, she says, "Strobes, fuel pumps, and communications are on."  Looking at the main panel, she presses a switch and says, "Main power on.  Clear Left.  Clear Right.  Turning one."  The left engine starts.  "Turning two."  The right engine starts.  Fifteen seconds later, she says," Lifting off."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As they pass over Poverty Gulch, one of the wealthy neighborhoods, Spirit Cat takes the pair of binoculars from under her seat and gets ready to use them to scan the ground, looking for Amok.

 

Ghost Cat spots a helicopter paralleling them, takes the binoculars from under her seat, and looks at it.  "Its number is N318RX," she states.

 

"That's the REACH Air Medical Services helicopter that's based at Lakeview Airport," Joanna says.  "I was the copilot/gunner in the Apache Guardian flown by one of their pilots.  We even took the required first aid classes together."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

As they pass over Poverty Gulch, one of the wealthy neighborhoods, Spirit Cat takes the pair of binoculars from under her seat and gets ready to use them to scan the ground, looking for Amok.

 

Ghost Cat spots a helicopter paralleling them, takes the binoculars from under her seat, and looks it.  "Its number is N318RX," she states.

 

"That's the REACH Air Medical Services helicopter that's based at Lakeview Airport," Joanna says.  "I was the copilot/gunner in the Apache Guardian flown by one of their pilots.  We even took the required first aid classes together."

"Sounds good. Anyone know where the nearest wedding chapel is?" Lady Heart ponders if she would use a power boost, and if a place like that would do it. The shinto shrine which Doreen worshipped does provide a small boost itself, and wonders if it has more to do with the miko more then the place itself...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Sounds good. Anyone know where the nearest wedding chapel is?" Lady Heart ponders if she would use a power boost, and if a place like that would do it. The shinto shrine which Doreen worshipped does provide a small boost itself, and wonders if it has more to do with the miko more then the place itself...

"There aren't any," Joanna replies.  "However, St. Kieran's Catholic Church and Temple Beth Israel are in the area."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the airbus made its trek across the sky. Cornerstone felt his powers wane a little.   He could still control the rocks on his body, but he felt it would not be as strong as if he were on solid ground.   

 

All it would take is to entangle one person and he'd be out of luck.   Worry crossed his stony face that they would be knocked out of the sky and there would be nothing he could do about it.   "Where do you want to drop me off?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I'll drop you off on the ground as close as possible to a storm sewer manhole," Joanna replies.  "They're labeled "DPW" for Department of Public Works.  Bonnie put tools for opening them in each aircraft and I put a waterproof flashlight in your door pouch."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

"I'll drop you off on the ground as close as possible to a storm sewer manhole," Joanna replies.  "They're labeled "DPW" for Department of Public Works.  Bonnie put tools for opening them in each aircraft and I put a waterproof flashlight in your door pouch."

"Oh, I was just going to tunnel down, but the manhole works too.  And I've never considered a flashlight.   I wonder if I would need it under solid ground.   My ability to see through rock has always provided me adequate light.  That is something I may have to test."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I put it there in case you needed it," Joanna says, bringing the copter to a hover.  "Traffic's tied up below.  Not surprising since the police have streets in the area blocked off."

 

"I see the Paranormal Alert Response Team vans there along with ambulances, Station Ten's fire engine, Battalion Chief Rorchek's SUV, and the press," Spirit Cat says.  "Simone's landed the TurboJet on the top of a nearby parking structure, but then, that plane's 60' long.  Copter Eight Romeo X-ray is landing behind the ambulances."

 

"Where did you learn the phonetic alphabet?" Joanna asks.

 

"Mouseketeer Sharon, an amateur radio operator taught it to me," Spirit Cat replies.

 

"Oh," Joanna says.  I'll land behind Eight Romeo X-Ray."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thirty seconds later, she calls out, "We're down.  Cutting power." 

 

Once the blades have stopped, the crew of the REACH helicopter joins them.  "Glad you're here, Joanna," says the pilot, a redheaded woman.  "We could use some help loading people into ambulances.

 

"Anytime," Andrea," Joanna says.  "First, I need to get a DPW manhole open so that Cornerstone can move through the storm sewers."

 

"I'll get the one just behind your copter open for him," says a male firefighter.

 

"Okay," Joanna says.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Right now, I don't think there's a need for massive healing," a firefighter replies.  "As far as Amok goes, he just threw a bus at Lotus.  It missed her and went through a building window.  She, Knight, a couple of guys from my station, and an EMT went in to help them while Defender and Azteca try and stop Amok."  

 

The firefighter who offered to open the manhole for Cornerstone returns with a tool and opens it for him.  He then shines his flashlight inside, showing where the steps are.

Edited by Mark Rand
edited to add information
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"Right now, I don't think there's a need for massive healing," a firefighter replies.  "As far as Amok goes, he just threw a bus at Lotus.  It missed her and went through a building window.  She, Knight, a couple of guys from my station, and an EMT went in to help them while Defender and Azteca try and stop Amok."  

"So I guess they might need tactical support. Point me to the battle." Lady Heart looks towards Spirit Cat. "You might want to set up some traps along potential paths which Amuck might be forced into. Then help inside the builder."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Thank you. "  Cornerstone told the firefighters.   He descends into the drain.

 

(Ooc:  Apparently Amok threw a bus through a window.   Was there any other damage?  Did the people inside the building get hurt?  Are there anyone trapped or in obviously harms way?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"So I guess they might need tactical support. Point me to the battle." Lady Heart looks towards Spirit Cat. "You might want to set up some traps along potential paths which Amuck might be forced into. Then help inside the builder."

 

"No traps," Spirit Cat says.  "Innocents might stumble into them."  She and Ghost Cat then head toward the building the bus was thrown into.

17 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

"Thank you. "  Cornerstone told the firefighters.   He descends into the drain.

 

(Ooc:  Apparently Amok threw a bus through a window.   Was there any other damage?  Did the people inside the building get hurt?  Are there anyone trapped or in obviously harms way?)

There are firefighters, an EMT, and Justice Foundation team members inside checking the building and Spirit Cat and Ghost Cat are going to join them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outside, you hear, "LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" bellowed.  Clashing sounds follow.

 

Quantum's voice comes over the radio.  "Amok just tossed Defender through the window of a piano and organ store and Azteca into a street light."

 

"I'm okay," comes Azteca's voice.

 

"I'm also okay," Defender replies.  "However, the organ I landed on isn't.  Quantum, can you increase the gravity under him while I fire my bolo missiles at him?"

 

"Will do," she replies.  "Nuts.  He just threw a mailbox at me.  It missed and smashed through a dental office.

 

"I'm on my way there with Andrea and her flight nurse, Melody," Joanna says.  "We'll check for injuries."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cornerstone travels the drain. Looking up for people who might need medical assistance. 

 

He almost felt sorry for Amok.  The guy wanted to be left alone,  but he tends to destroy things when he gets drunk (according to the information sent to him.)

 

He was seriously considering encasing him in rock.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

Cornerstone makes sure the radio is on.  "Defender?  Azteca?  I'm a member of the other group that just arrived.   Look.  My name is Cornerstone. And I control rocks.  I could encase Amok easily. And I wouldn't even have to pop above ground. "

"This is Defender," comes the reply.  "From my viewpoint, he's all alone.  Azteca, is everyone out there clear?"

 

"Yes," Azteca replies.  "However, it's Lotus' call."

 

Lotus responds, "Do it, Cornerstone."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...