First meeting

Mark Rand

Joanna radios in, "Dental office has no injuries.  Melody and Andrea are returning to the street."

"Have them come to the building the bus was thrown into," Lotus responds.

"Will do," Joanna responds as Lady Heart enters.

"Hi, Lady Heart," Lotus says.  "We have one enroute to the University Medical Center with a concussion. Most of the others have minor injuries and are being treated by the paramedics.  However, one is trapped under a seat.  She has a broken leg and may have internal injuries.  Spirit Cat and Theo Morton, the EMT we're working with, will tend her once I move the seat.  Andrea and Melody will transport her to University Medical Center."

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We might," Theo says.  "Her left femur broke and punctured both the skin and both the femoral artery and vein on that side.  Since the seat's applying pressure to them, we can't move the seat until Melody and Andrea arrive with their gear."

"You're going to have to heal the artery and vein," Lady Heart," Spirit Cat says as Andrea and Melody arrive, carrying equipment bags.  "Can you do that?" 

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"We might," Theo says.  "Her left femur broke and punctured both the skin and both the femoral artery and vein on that side.  Since the seat's applying pressure to them, we can't move the seat until Melody and Andrea arrive with their gear."

"You're going to have to heal the artery and vein," Lady Heart," Spirit Cat says as Andrea and Melody arrive, carrying equipment bags.  "Can you do that?" 

"Sure." S/he goes up to Spirit Cat and sneaks a quick kiss. "Wish me luck." She then goes to the target of the healing. "Healing Heart!" S/he traces a heart into the air and it materials. S/he then pushes the heart into the body of the victim. (6d6 Simplified Healing, 6 END cost.)

While the Paranormal Alert Response Team takes Amok away, Andrea and Melody are busy, too.  Melody is taking the patient's vital signs and relaying them to the University Medical Center Trauma Unit along with her observations.

"IV Ringers Lactate and transport once the bone's stable and the wound's closed," comes the doctor's response.  "We'll have radiology prepped."

The ladies acknowledge and get to work.  Finally, they have their stretcher brought in and take the patient to the helicopter.  After everything and everyone's loaded, they take off. 

"All of you did good," Lotus says.  "Once we get back, you have reports to file.  The police will want them."

9 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Right. Any more critical wounded about?"

"We'll do a sweep to check," Lotus replies.  "If there aren't any more trapped or injured, we'll head home."

"Once we're clear, I can move the bus," Defender says as he joins them.  "Someone's going to be hit with a huge bill for damages and the federal government may file charges for what he did to the mailbox."

"You're right," Lotus says.  "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Defender replies.

"Now we have to do after action reports," Azteca comments as Quantum joins them on the sweep.  "I hate those."

"Everyone has to do paperwork," Joanna says.  "Sometimes, I think it's the bane of civilization."

"Same here," Quantum says.

The sweep turned up nothing.  "Defender, the area's clear," Lotus calls out.

"Right," he says before pushing the bus outside.

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"I guess we head home," Doreen replies.  "I can walk it.  I'm on Morewood Avenue, just up from the Tree of Life Congregation."

"I'll walk Doreen home. We could call a Disney driver service, but we would have to explain to low men on the totem pole why we were at the Justice Foundation superteam headquarters."

4 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"This building is connected to the main Justice Foundation building," Doreen replies.  "We just exit through Margo's office."

"Ok. This is my first time here. Which reminds me, do they want me to file reports for our past team ups?"