First meeting

Mark Rand

Cornerstone knows he needs to tell his mother about his secret life.  So he heads home. 

He makes sure his room is clean and even cooks supper.  His mother will suspect "something " is up. 

He starts to gets really nervous when she pulls up.   She is alone.   "Um. Mom. I need to talk to you. "

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

Cornerstone knows he needs to tell his mother about his secret life.  So he heads home. 

He makes sure his room is clean and even cooks supper.  His mother will suspect "something " is up. 

He starts to gets really nervous when she pulls up.   She is alone.   "Um. Mom. I need to talk to you. "

"About what?" she asks.  "Did something happen at school?"

(I turn her over to quozaxx for the rest of this conversation and conversations relating to it.)

7 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Rob smiles. "Your reading the same script. The school wants Rebecca Valentine to play the damsel in distress. What do you think?"

"Should be cool," Doreen replies.  "Miss Clarke and the rest of the Stage Crew are probably going over the script, as are Miss Forbes, the Drama Club wardrobe mistress, and Miss Addams, who will probably be directing it." 

Just now, Mark Rand said:

"Should be cool," Doreen replies."Miss Clarke and the rest of the Stage Crew are probably going over it, as are Miss Forbes, the Drama Club wardrobe mistress, and Miss Addams, who will probably be directing it." 

"What part are you going for?"

4 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"What part are you going for?"

"The mother," Doreen replies.  "I think Tim Clark wants to play the librarian.  But then, he excels at playing female roles and can do his own makeup.  The Anderson twins will probably be the makeup artists for the female performers and take bit parts."

7 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"The mother," Doreen replies.  "I think Tim Clark wants to play the librarian.  But then, he excels at playing female roles and can do his own makeup.  The Anderson twins will probably be the makeup artists for the female performers and take bit parts."

"You'll make a great mother, Dor-chan. I wonder what would happen if I transform in my dressing room surrounded by dresses of the period, what would happen?"

10 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"You'll make a great mother, Dor-chan. I wonder what would happen if I transform in my dressing room surrounded by dresses of the period, what would happen?"

"Don't forget that there only two dressing rooms in the auditorium," Doreen replies.  "One for men and one for women.  If you change there, people will know that Robert Trueheart is Rebecca Valentine, and since people know that Rebecca Valentine is Lady Heart, the cat will be out of the bag."

3 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"Yeah," Doreen says.  "Fortunately, you have clothing you that your Rebecca identity can wear."

"My mom made sure of that when I couldn't change back fully. I swear she rather have me as a woman than a man. Honestly I did panic for a while when Incubus did that as a 'joke', but I got use to it quickly." She then looked at Doreen deeply. "Which form did you enjoy being around more Dor-chan? Your boyfriend or your boyfriend's distant cousin?"

2 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"My mom made sure of that when I couldn't change back fully. I swear she rather have me as a woman than a man. Honestly I did panic for a while when Incubus did that as a 'joke', but I got use to it quickly."

"Your mother is very wise," Doreen replies.  "But then, she is Allderdice's head school nurse.

5 minutes ago, steriaca said:

She then looked at Doreen deeply. "Which form did you enjoy being around more Dor-chan? Your boyfriend or your boyfriend's distant cousin?"

"My boyfriend, of course."

1 minute ago, Mark Rand said:

"Your mother is very wise," Doreen replies.  "But then, she is Allderdice's head school nurse.

"My boyfriend, of course."

"Of course. Do you remember how flustered I got around you when we were learning how to dance. I believe I refered to it as Tofu Syndrome. I don't think I was that destructive at the time, but running around with Betty-chan all over town comes to mind easily."

40 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Of course. Do you remember how flustered I got around you when we were learning how to dance. I believe I refered to it as Tofu Syndrome. I don't think I was that destructive at the time, but running around with Betty-chan all over town comes to mind easily."

"I remember."

(Bed time.)

14 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"About what?" she asks.  "Did something happen at school?"

(I turn her over to quozaxx for the rest of this conversation and conversations relating to it.)

Bryan takes a deep breath and turns into Cornerstone. 

"What in the..." she cried out and Cornerstone changed back into Bryan. 

"I have powers mom."

She sits down hard.  "Great, now you'll turn out just like your father. "

"What do you mean?  I thought he was dead."

"He's a super powered criminal.   "

"Mom.  I'm not going to turn into a criminal.   In fact I helped Defender capture a bad guy today.   I'm part of the Junior Justice foundation.   I get paid for it.   I'm one of the good guys."

"You are one of the good guys?"

"Yeah mom.  I am.  I'm not a little boy anymore.   I can do this.  Please don't worry about me.   "

"I don't know...  I won't stop you,  but if you turn out to be a villain. It would break my heart."

Bryan hugged her.  "I won't mom.  I promise...  so. My father isn't dead?"

"I've said too much.  It’s better off you thinking he's dead.  The subject is closed."  

Bryan reluctantly dropped it.