Chadwick Boseman dead at 43.

slikmar

Dude made more than 5 movies with stage 3 & 4 cancer. I’m down here at stage one like “I made part of a fence?” I know this isn’t a race or anything, but I’m deeply impressed. The day after chemotherapy day I’m impressed with myself if I stay awake through a whole tv show. 

The man had deep, deep wells of determination to draw from. 

On 8/29/2020 at 11:12 PM, BoneDaddy said:

Dude made more than 5 movies with stage 3 & 4 cancer. I’m down here at stage one like “I made part of a fence?” I know this isn’t a race or anything, but I’m deeply impressed. The day after chemotherapy day I’m impressed with myself if I stay awake through a whole tv show. 

The man had deep, deep wells of determination to draw from. 

My cousin who died of leukemia at 18 had the goal to graduate before she died and did so a month before. For what it is worth,  not a competition.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:05 AM, Ranxerox said:

Yeah, last night I was struck by the death of the man, but now I am thinking of the death of the actor.  This is a man who played both Jackie Robinson and Thurgood Marshall and did a great job on both of them.  In the future he might have played Mohammed Ali and Frederick Douglas, and I am certain that given the opportunity he would done a great job with those roles too.  That is a mind blowing amount of talent.

I am at a loss of words.  

Television special mentioning this had perhaps the finest line that could be said about the man:  He portrayed so many legendary figures, he became one.

Hearing of his death was, like others said, a gut punch.  What completely broke my heart were the memes of Stan Lee welcoming him to Heaven.

4 hours ago, Badger said:

My cousin who died of leukemia at 18 had the goal to graduate before she died and did so a month before. For what it is worth,  not a competition.

It never is.  It's another confirmation of Stuart Scott's truth:

When you die, that does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and in the manner in which you live.

Boseman made one of the more profound confirmations of this without saying a word.

EDIT:  Found the name I was looking for.  Lauren Hill.  Just wanted to score once in a college game.  NCAA gave her school a waiver to play a game in early November, 2 weeks early...because it wasn't certain she'd be physically capable of playing as it was.  Brain cancer.

This could be really cool....

Whoopi Goldberg Urges Disney World to Build Wakanda Park in Memory of Chadwick Boseman

21 hours ago, unclevlad said:

EDIT:  Found the name I was looking for.  Lauren Hill.  Just wanted to score once in a college game.  NCAA gave her school a waiver to play a game in early November, 2 weeks early...because it wasn't certain she'd be physically capable of playing as it was.  Brain cancer.

I remember seeing this. It was a profoundly moving experience.