The 2020 Monsters Versus Alien Superdraft

csyphrett

"I can't believe we're doing this from here? Like, the aliens are going to attack Romania?" One the staff grumbled as they entered the castle 

"It's not a matter of what might come here, it's a matter of who, or more precisely what we can assemble here," a shrug "America is covered, so it's only natural they'd want the pros from Dover, which am us, to dust off a few antiques," The other said , swatting at the cobweb, "And get them up and going. " 

"Emphasis on the dust," he coughed as the cobweb released more dust "I thought the lab equipment was already here? Why isn't this cleaned up?"

"It IS here, everything's here, just.. in the dungeon. I don't know which way they came in, stop grousing, and have a gummi bear"

"You got gummi bears and didn't tell me until now?"

"Wanted to hoard the green ones first." 

"You would" Fortunately they did find the stairs and started to go down "No elevators?"

"They've almost got them running. They're double checking failsafe options. You know, ever since the 2012 incident folks are insisting on a few more safe room options. Stronger material, that sort of thing." They went down the spiraling stair case in the gothic castle.

"2011, what a disaster that was, lost 20% of the organization WORLD WIDE" 

"I blame Chem"

"You always do"

ARE YOU EVEN READING THIS? *

Organization: "The Organization" (Cabin in the Woods)

300?cb=20120920040703

draculas-castle-bran-transylvania-romani

"Wakey wakey" One of the agents said as they flipped the switches, and look in on the cameras "There it is, Room #13. The baddest of the bad..." 

"It's a vampire isn't it?" 

"How could you tell?"

"I'm looking at a coffin?"

"Yeah okay, subtle clue, but not just ANY vampire, THE Vampire"

"Elvira mistress of the dark?"

"Funny, why do you think we're in Transylvania? This guy will be leading the others from his own Turf"

"IF we can control him"

"Since when have we lost control?"

"2011, 1998, the death of Disco..."

"Yeah yeah...having the waldos lift the lid"

"How can we see him on a camera?"

"The cameras we use don't rely on reflections.. dumbass"

"Oh yeah," He spoke through the mic "Wakey wakey, your highness." 

"We've got a job for you, and this time, it's not hunting down a virgin"

The cofin lid exploded  before the waldo could finish removing it as mist swarmed everywhere.

"Christ, he's pissed"

"We got this, we got this"

And the mist formed, into  a figure who had been portrayed by dozens , perhaps even a hundred faces, through the years.

"I am... home" The dark lord looked about with melancholy eyes that somehow were all the more commanding for their loss, "The ancient ones haven't taken over yet"

"Actually, this time it's aliens"

"Aliens?" Dracula says "Invite them to dine into a great banquet hall, while they feed, lock them in, and set fire to it. It will reduce the population to tolerable levels" The vampire snorted.

"No no, not like they've come to steal our JOBS aliens, like they've come to take our PLANET aliens" and a mutter "Geez, he's a bit racist"

"So's your grandmother and she's centuries younger and you cut her slack, shhh" 

Dracula demanded "More details, less flippancy"

"Beings from the stars and sky, not born of this world, come to land and rule us in the name of their overlord?" One agent shrugged in his chair.

The other nodded, "We need you to lead a team of monsters to stop them."

Dracula broke into laughter. 

"He's laughing"

"that's not a good sign"

"Look, we know you tried to escape the last time we used you for the ritual... because you're nuts enough to think you can FIGHT The ancients, but this time it's different you really need to.."

"Enough" Dracula motioned, but still chuckled "I will aid, because it amuses me and gives me something I want."

"It, does?" The two stared at each other as they asked the same question at the same time. One made a hand motion for jinx.

The other would owe a coke.

The Vampire lord nodded, "God is no friend to me...and I have always wanted to kill Angels."

LEADER PICK: Dracula

15-img-11.jpg

* = Not really yelling at you, this was just a homage to the jump title in the movie :)

At the end of the second day everyone should have a base, organization of backers, and a monster of some type. I'm not good with the humor like Hermit and Log's WWE style commentators, but let's look at the picks and see what we got.

I grabbed up Project M, creator of the Creature Commandos for DC Comics. While active in both theaters during WW2, the main lab was established in New York City.

First pick is Tohru, a thirty foot to fifty foot tall dragon posing as a maid in the middle of her home city. She's buff, tough, and doesn't mind setting things on fire.

Psybolt grabbed Monarch for his organization. I don't know who that is but I am going to say its from the Venture Brothers. His base is Derry, Maine. Home of It and the Tommy Knockers. His first pick is Pennywise as the master of shapes and menace living under Derry. I am going to say a lot more King monsters are in store from this drafter.

Dr. Mid-nite came out with a region of Japan and the Science Patrol as his organization. Interesting pick since the team is the alien Ultraman's helpers and fight homegrown monsters and aliens plaguing Japan and the world.

No word on his first pick yet.

Cancer rolls out with The Forge, a faction from Dr Who, based in Antartica. These are already fighting the Doctor, so they are ahead in the alien fighting. His first pick as a big guy is Typhon, the father of monsters. I had thought about grabbing some Greek goodness. This might be the way the Big C rolls on this draft.

The Log also picked an alien fighting agency in the NID from Stargate, based in their traditional haunt D.C. Lots of aliens that need to be put down there, but not so many monsters. Log does pick an old favorite in King Kong.

Pattern Ghost hooks up with Max Smart's base agency CONTROL in Mt Rushmore. Not a lot of monsters in South Dakota, but I know PG will bust a move.

Bone Daddy grabs up the number one alien fighting agency in fiction MIB, and their undersea base from the cartoon. And his pick is the bug from Mimic that looks like a man in a trenchcoat until it decides to eat you. I think this film was based on a Penderghast mystery. That might be the way BD is going with this.

Last but not least is Hermit with the Organization running the rituals to keep ancient demons at bay by sacrificing them to monsters. They use Transylvania as their base as they pull out the first monster, Dracula. Hermit might be looking at a Universal Monster Combo pack.

I think that recaps everything so far. It is now 537 in the morning. The third day picks start in roughly six and a  half hours. Get ready.

CES    

Hmm.... I have a plan coming together online my head, and it might not work, but I’m going for it. 

For my big guy I will pick my one Alien.  In a small freezer in the submarine base’s mess hall is a tupperware marked “Agent J’s Jello Shots. If you touch it you die.”

Only the second half is true. The Jell-O shots are actually a small, frozen fraction of The Blob. 

5 hours ago, BoneDaddy said:

Hmm.... I have a plan coming together online my head, and it might not work, but I’m going for it. 

For my big guy I will pick my one Alien.  In a small freezer in the submarine base’s mess hall is a tupperware marked “Agent J’s Jello Shots. If you touch it you die.”

Only the second half is true. The Jell-O shots are actually a small, frozen fraction of The Blob. 

2 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

The Brain: Robot Monster!

4095fde46dbd07cd7462ee84500cf5b4.jpg

Let me think about this. These are kind of alien monsters.

CES 

I'm grabbing up the Kraken as my big guy.

CES

22 hours ago, csyphrett said:

I am going to allow the Blob and the Robot Monster as picks. 

CES

I misunderstood the original rules. I thought that only one of our team of five could be an alien, and not that we would also have for our team an additional member who was an alien. 

The Blob most certainly is an alien, (came down with a meteor). I can happily replace it if anyone thinks that would be more fair, or use it as my alien pick. 

4 hours ago, BoneDaddy said:

I misunderstood the original rules. I thought that only one of our team of five could be an alien, and not that we would also have for our team an additional member who was an alien. 

The Blob most certainly is an alien, (came down with a meteor). I can happily replace it if anyone thinks that would be more fair, or use it as my alien pick. 

None of the pick team can be an alien, but I'm making an exception for you and Log's picks. The alien is the villain of the piece. So when you get your team together which alien are they fighting?

CES 

One of the agents looked at the chart, and then blinked "This is our big guy?"

"Why not? Size, Strength, Air power, and ..heh, firepower" The other pointed out at the file.

"But.. he's gotten taken out by an arrow. We've revived him how many times?"

"A SPECIAL Arrow, fired by a fantastic archer... other than that, the guy's nearly invulnerable. Bullets and the like don't fit the narrative of his destiny. How many invading aliens have you heard of that use Arrows?"

"AH...that blue guy with the fin head ..."

"God you're such a dork. Name two then."

"...... I got nothing else"

"Exactly. Why do you think heroes HAVE Archers? Without an archer, you're toast"

They looked on screen six and turned the sound on 

".....like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears..."

They muted the volume again "Geez he's loud"

"He's just psyching himself up for the big game so to speak" unmuting once more...

"strong! Strong! STRONG!"

And re-mute "Okay yeah, he's loud"

BIG GUY: SMAUG

smaug-illustration-designs-10.jpg