Ye Old Melodrama Play

steriaca

(Welcome to high school. Welcome to the Drama Club. This week is there bi-annual charity melodrama play, with special actress Rebecca Valentine playing the damsel in distress. Few people know that Rebecca Valentine is actually Robert Trueheart, a birth guy. But they know Rebecca is the superhero Lady Heart.)

(So, what role do you want to play in the play? Will anyone or anything disrupt the play? Is there any truths to be revealed from inside the play? Come and find out.)

Rebecca adjusted the white hair bow in her hair, then arranged the strawberry blonde sausage curls around her shoulders. She smoved over her white dress, clutched her hands around her chest, fluttered her eyelashes, and said in a fake southern accent, "halp, halp, save me..."

Going back to her original voice and poster, she couldn't help but to laugh. "Gee, this is incredibly silly." Thinking to herself, what a kneeslaper it would be if they only knew that the beautiful model and actress Rebecca Valentine and the dancing and singing weeb Robert Trueheart were the same person.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rosemary Trueheart watches as her son/daughter practices.

As far as the rest of the heroes go, Doreen's playing the mother and Ghost Cat's going to be the villain. 

As far as other parts go, fellow Drama Club member Tim Clark’s going to play the librarian.  But then, he excels at playing female roles and can do his own makeup.  The Anderson twins will be the makeup artists for the female performers and take bit parts. 

Miss Addams, who runs the Drama Club, is directing.  Miss Forbes, the Drama Club wardrobe mistress, is handling wardrobe.  Miss Clarke (no relation to Tim), will be, as usual for plays, a stage hand.  She is making a list of sets and props.   Stage Crew leaders Jim Reese and Sharon Little Bear are figuring out the lighting plot.

Rebecca emerged from the dressing room. And took her place as the dress rehearsal starts. It wasn't the final dress rehearsal before the play, but it was the penultimate one. There were only a few minor hiccups as the first time putting Rebecca in that rope cocoon outer costume  took a bit longer than noted. It did mess up her movements a bit, but it was much like wearing a hobble dress than anything else.

The rehearsal runs smoothly.  As Sharon turns on the work lights and dims the stage ones, stagehand Eric Woods comments, "Looks like there's a few bulbs on the first two electrics have burned out."

"You're right," stagehand Donna Gray says.  "We'll change them while we fly the drapes and clear the stage."  As she speaks, the spot and flood lights are dimmed and the house lights come to full brightness.

As the cast leaves the stage, the musicians pack up their instruments, and the stage crew begins to work, principal oboist Lauren Kay comments, "I have to go over my oboe.  It just seemed off.  Might be the reed."

Miss Carol Marcus, the activities director, and Mrs. Rosemary Trueheart, the head school nurse, both of whom attend after-school activities and sports events, stand.  "Homecoming week's coming up," Carol says.  "I've already confirmed that I can still wear my old cheerleader uniform."

"And the squad will be in theirs all week," Rosemary adds.  "Some people will probably run into things because they're watching the cheerleaders instead of where they're going." 

"You're probably right," Carol says.

Rebecca does a small smirk at her 'auntie's comment. S/he has already modeled a few cheerleader outfits in spite not wanting to be one. S/he knows that many schools, including this one, have official hairstyles for cheerleaders on the field (false hair welcomed). Since sausage curls are the official cheerleader hairstyle she doesn't look that strange in this form.

(OOC: do a search for cheer hair or cheer curls.)

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

"Doreen softly says, "I think the rehearsal went well.  As far as Homecoming goes, since he's her student assistant, Matt Reese is going to be busy doing things for Miss Marcus."

Rebecca nods to Doreen's whisper. "Is Kuno of the grid iron, Brad, still trying to date you?" she whispered back.

Once the stage is clear of props and set pieces, Eric calls out, "Heads up on stage!  Line 17, batten carrying stage drape, flying out!"

"All clear!" Donna calls out.  "Go ahead, Linda."

"Flying out line 17," Linda calls out.  She then flies in lines 3 and 6 the first and second electrics.  Once the bulbs have been changed, they're flown back out.

At the same time, the principal catches up with many of the musicians.  "You were wonderful tonight," she says.  "Keep up the good work."

52 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

"Thank you for the compliment.   That's my mom over there.   Did you need help with anything?"

"You're welcome," she says.  "Thank you for asking, but I don't need any assistance.  In fact, I have to get home.  My cat, Cleo, is probably wondering where I am."  She then walks over to Bryan's mother, and says, "Your son is an excellent musician."

17 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"You're welcome," she says.  "Thank you for asking, but I don't need any assistance.  In fact, I have to get home.  My cat, Cleo, is probably wondering where I am."  She then walks over to Bryan's mother, and says, "Your son is an excellent musician."

(Do I play the mom?)

4 minutes ago, steriaca said:

(So, are we going to let this group die also? We haven't had a reply in days.)

(It's still active.)

4 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Rebecca Valentine made sure to use her best singing voice for each song s/he has. Even the 'song' s/he had to sing gagged.

Doreen and the others also use their best singing voices.