Ye Old Melodrama Play

steriaca

I gently pull Darlene out of the SUV and start untiring her. I also remove her gag. "Are you ok? Did Foxbat hurt you?"

Knowing from Foxbat's files, he was a more fun loving villain and never goes out to harm people. Then again, this is not a normal Foxbat caper. Normally he is after stuff like stealing all the Hostaes bakery in the city, so superheroes don't tempt him with it, like in the ads on the back covers of the old comic books. I don't remember him kidnapping anyone. 

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, steriaca said:

I gently pull Darlene out of the SUV and start untiring her. I also remove her gag. "Are you ok? Did Foxbat hurt you?"

Knowing from Foxbat's files, he was a more fun loving villain and never goes out to harm people. Then again, this is not a normal Foxbat caper. Normally he is after stuff like stealing all the Hostaes bakery in the city, so superheroes don't tempt him with it, like in the ads on the back covers of the old comic books. I don't remember him kidnapping anyone. 

"I'm fine," she says.  "Foxbat didn't hurt me.  He did say, 'What goes around makes me dizzy'."

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

"No," Darlene says as Samantha parks her unmarked police car on Bellefield near where Foxbat's vehicle is.

"Well, the SUV is not like Foxbat. A little too practical. Nor is kidnapping. But I guess we can get into the whys after we capture him. Darlene, you can tell the authorities what happened as I investigate around, right?"

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

"Well, the SUV is not like Foxbat. A little too practical. Nor is kidnapping. But I guess we can get into the whys after we capture him. Darlene, you can tell the authorities what happened as I investigate around, right?"

"Okay," Darlene says as Samantha joins them, her badge in plain sight.  

After Darlene repeats what Foxbat said, Samantha says, "'What goes around makes me dizzy' could refer to the Samuel Brackett Plaza Carousel."  

"That plaza on the other side of the main building of Saint Mary's General Hospital, whose campus we're on," Ghost Cat adds.

39 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

(I can only post about once a day.  A lot has happened since I posted including Samantha joining me then joining another part of the group.   It is difficult to keep up and now I'm not sure what to reply to. )

(Understood.  We will assume you hung back, waiting for an opening or something. Or doing saving people stuff.)

47 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"Okay," Darlene says as Samantha joins them, her badge in plain sight.  

After Darlene repeats what Foxbat said, Samantha says, "'What goes around makes me dizzy' could refer to the Samuel Brackett Plaza Carousel."  

"That plaza on the other side of the main building of Saint Mary's General Hospital, whose campus we're on," Ghost Cat adds.

"That makes sense.  Let's go then." Lady Heart flys twords the Samuel Brackett Plasa Carousel as fast as she can.

Neither can they.

Samantha calls the Sheriff's Department's crime lab to examine Foxbat's vehicle, then radios for a patrol car to keep an eye on it while she takes Darlene to Saint Mary's General Hospital's Emergency Department.  Once there, she notifies the county's Child Protective Services Department.  Social Worker Paige Matthews gets sent to look into things.  She stays with Darlene until her parents arrive, then gives them her card.

Lady Heart is looking around the carousel when Cornerstone, Ghost Cat, and Spirit Cat arrive.  They look around the area, too.  In a nearby planter, Cornerstone finds part of a ticket to the San Angelo Zoo and Aquarium, which is located in nearby Samuel Brackett City Park.

"Doctor Claire McCauley is their head veterinarian," Spirit Cat says.  "She's appeared on The Mickey Mouse Club when the zoo is visited on Discovery Day to learn about animals."

3 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Lady Heart is looking around the carousel when Cornerstone, Ghost Cat, and Spirit Cat arrive.  They look around the area, too.  In a nearby planter, Cornerstone finds part of a ticket to the San Angelo Zoo and Aquarium, which is located in nearby Samuel Brackett City Park.

"Doctor Claire McCauley is their head veterinarian," Spirit Cat says.  "She's appeared on The Mickey Mouse Club when the zoo is visited on Discovery Day to learn about animals."

"What is the connection? Does Foxbat have a pet animal we don't know about? Like a pet foxbat?"

download (8).jpeg

7 hours ago, steriaca said:

"What is the connection? Does Foxbat have a pet animal we don't know about? Like a pet foxbat?"

download (8).jpeg

"I don't know," Spirit Cat replies.  "However, they have a carousel there, too, in the area they call "The Village" and there are two hand-powered ones in the playgrounds in the zoo's "Kids Kingdom".

"There are also two at the 49er amusement park," Ghost Cat adds.  "Of course, that ticket stud could've been dropped by anyone."

8 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"I don't know," Spirit Cat replies.  "However, they have a carousel there, too, in the area they call "The Village" and there are two hand-powered ones in the playgrounds in the zoo's "Kids Kingdom".

"There are also two at the 49er amusement park," Ghost Cat adds.  "Of course, that ticket stud could've been dropped by anyone."

"Guess we have to split up again. Ok, which location is closest to here?"

4 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Guess we have to split up again. Ok, which location is closest to here?"

"The zoo," Spirit Cat says.  "It's in the northwestern part of Samuel Brackett City Park.  The amusement park is in Southport, which is southeast of the city, across US 170 from here."

9 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"The zoo," Spirit Cat says.  "It's in the northwestern part of Samuel Brackett City Park.  The amusement park is in Southport, which is southeast of the city, across US 170 from here."

"Ok. I'm off to the zoo."

5 hours ago, steriaca said:

Okay. 

The zoo is quiet, no surprise.  It closed at 4 PM.  However, zoo employees are still at work.  One comments to another that Dr. McCauley is tending to a sick gazelle in the African Savanna area.  

41 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

Okay. 

The zoo is quiet, no surprise.  It closed at 4 PM.  However, zoo employees are still at work.  One comments to another that Dr. McCauley is tending to a sick gazelle in the African Savanna area.  

"Has anyone seen the supervillain Foxbat around here? He kidnapped a young woman, which we recovered."

6 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"I'm guessing dusting the ticket for finger prints is out of the question.   I think Foxbat wears gloves.   "

6 hours ago, steriaca said:

"The zoo is a big place,  do you want help?"

2 hours ago, quozaxx said:

"I'm guessing dusting the ticket for finger prints is out of the question.   I think Foxbat wears gloves.   "

"The zoo is a big place,  do you want help?"

(Hitting rewind.) "That's up to you big guy. Be on the lookout for a Merry Go Round or Faris Wheel or anything which goes around." (Hitting fast forward to get back to my place )

2 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Has anyone seen the supervillain Foxbat around here? He kidnapped a young woman, which we recovered."

Neither of the two men have seen him.

"Claire McCauley might've, but I doubt it," says one.  "She's paying attention only to the gazelle she's tending to."

"She has a Ford Expedition," the other says.  "It has the same lettering ours has, with one addition, the words, 'ANIMAL HEALTH'."

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Neither of the two men have seen him.

"Claire McCauley might've, but I doubt it," says one.  "She's paying attention only to the gazelle she's tending to."

"She has a Ford Expedition," the other says.  "It has the same lettering ours has, with one addition, the words, 'ANIMAL HEALTH'."

Lady Heart floats high enough to get a bird's eye view. She is looking for that Ford Expedition they spoke about.

(If all the clues start pointing back to the school, this forcing us to go round and round I'm going to scream.)

20 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Lady Heart floats high enough to get a bird's eye view. She is looking for that Ford Expedition they spoke about.

(If all the clues start pointing back to the school, this forcing us to go round and round I'm going to scream.)

She spots the doc's SUV on the grass.  It's white with red lettering.  Dr.McCauley's hands are inside the gazelle.  

30 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

She spots the doc's SUV on the grass.  It's white with red lettering.  Dr.McCauley's hands are inside the gazelle.  

"Sorry if I startle you. I'm Lady Heart, and I'm searching for Foxbat. The supervillain, not the bat."