Ye Old Melodrama Play

steriaca

12 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Sorry if I startle you. I'm Lady Heart, and I'm searching for Foxbat. The supervillain, not the bat."

"Haven't seen him," she says.  "This young lady's about to give birth.  Unfortunately, the baby started out in a breech position.  If I don't get it turned the right way, there'll be problems.  Plus, it may not be breathing on its own.  If it isn't, I'll have to get it breathing.  Fortunately, I have what I need in my bag and vehicle."

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

"Haven't seen him," she says.  "This young lady's about to give birth.  Unfortunately, the baby started out in a breech position.  If I don't get it turned the right way, there'll be problems.  Plus, it may not be breathing on its own.  If it isn't, I'll have to get it breathing.  Fortunately, I have what I need in my bag and vehicle."

"Do you need any help?"

8 hours ago, steriaca said:

Lady Heart nods and floats away. Nothing beats the love between a mother and child. Now, where is Foxbat?

You finally find him at one of the zoo's playgrounds, riding its playground carousel.

(These carousels, also called roundabouts, are muscle-powered.)

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

You finally find him at one of the zoo's playgrounds, riding its playground carousel.

"Hey guy. Why did you kidnap Darlene? I'm not here to attack you or anything unless you attack."

4 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Cornerstone was heading to the playground anyway.   He also sees Foxbat but hopefully Foxbat doesn't see him.

He tunneld under the ground getting ready to attack if needed.  But waits for Foxbat's reply.

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"He is?" he asks as Samantha pulls up.

"Yes. He was created in 1923 as a replacement for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, which the Walt Disney company only recently regained the copyright to. If he was real, he would be the oldest living mouse in existence."

55 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Yes. He was created in 1923 as a replacement for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, which the Walt Disney company only recently regained the copyright to. If he was real, he would be the oldest living mouse in existence."

"No, it can't be," Foxbat says just before Samantha takes him into custody.  She then reads him his rights and asks him if he wants to say anything.

"Yes," he says. “Look behind you, because that will be the front!”

As she's about to get into her car, Samantha says to the heroes, "The gazelle had her baby.  Mother and child are doing fine.  The zoo veterinarian is staying with them for a bit to make sure everything's okay."

11 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"No, it can't be," Foxbat says just before Samantha takes him into custody.  She then reads him his rights and asks him if he wants to say anything.

"Yes," he says. “Look behind you, because that will be the front!”

As she's about to get into her car, Samantha says to the heroes, "The gazelle had her baby.  Mother and child are doing fine.  The zoo veterinarian is staying with them for a bit to make sure everything's okay."

"That's a relief. I'm glad mother and child are doing well." Lady Heart flys to where she last seen the veterinarian. She pauses, lands, smiles at the gazelles, then flys off.

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

(Depends on you. It can be a fresh thread or a continuation. Up to you.)

(Don't forget, we're down a member due to illness, which means I'm playing two heroes.  I just might end the campaign after the swim meet and start a third version after Halloween and after I finish typing a few things.)

5 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

(Don't forget, we're down a member due to illness, which means I'm playing two heroes.  I just might end the campaign after the swim meet and start a third version after Halloween and after I finish typing a few things.)

(Ok. Do as you wish.)

18 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

(You were planning on doing basically this with the setting at Gotham during Knightfall. We could do that one. Teenage superheroes under the watchful eyes of Batgirl and a paralyzed Bruce Wayne sounds interesting.)

11 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

(Okay, but let's finish this story first.  I still have to design the Batcave and find a map of Gotham City that I like, preferably one without names for DC Comics people for places.)

(And don't forget a perfect place for the Batman Rouges Gallery writeup. It's the main reason to play in Gotham in the first place.)

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

(And don't forget a perfect place for the Batman Rouges Gallery writeup. It's the main reason to play in Gotham in the first place.)

(I found Joker on Mike Surbrook's site and Catwoman on Matt Ignash's site.  I think most Rouges Gallery members would be easy to write up because they are normal criminals with some gimmick and would be in the Standard Heroic range, 150 points plus 50 points in complications.)