Ye Old Melodrama Play

steriaca

26 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"What's the situation?" Sailor Moon asks.

"Oh Moon. Nice to hear from you. Jodie got changed into a mermaid in public and we were wondering if it was a baleful transformation involved. You know what baleful means, right? Can Mercury check if it is and if it is can you dispel it? My 'cousin' Rebecca owes you one." Rob smiled. Serena has always had the way of brightening up the day in either form. And she has caught Rob transforming into Lady Heart once when they both shared an appointment with the Council.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Sure," Sailor Moon says as Sailor Mercury pulls out her microcomputer and scans Jodie.  Spotting Rosemary, she shows her the readings.

"Jodie's stress level is quite high," Rosemary says.  "If your healing doesn't work, Nancy Adams, the meet lifeguard, might be able to calm her down.  Then, we have to figure out what happened."

"Right," Sailor Moon says.  Aiming her Moon Scepter at Jodie, she says, "Moon Healing Escalation!" 

Energy strikes Jodie, but she doesn't change.  "So, it wasn't evil magic," Rosemary says.  "Maybe stress activated some long-dormant gene."

"If that's the case, she can't swim in competition," says Principal Swanby from her seat in the stands.  "The Faraday Memorial Clinic will have to examine her.  I'll make my final decision based on what they tell me."

"What's she going to do," Jodie's mother wails.  "Swimming competition's her whole life?" 

10 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"Sure," Sailor Moon says as Sailor Mercury pulls out her microcomputer and scans Jodie.  Spotting Rosemary, she shows her the readings.

"Jodie's stress level is quite high," Rosemary says.  "If your healing doesn't work, Nancy Adams, the meet lifeguard, might be able to calm her down.  Then, we have to figure out what happened."

"Right," Sailor Moon says.  Aiming her Moon Scepter at Jodie, she says, "Moon Healing Escalation!" 

Energy strikes Jodie, but she doesn't change.  "So, it wasn't evil magic," Rosemary says.  "Maybe stress activated some long-dormant gene."

"If that's the case, she can't swim in competition," says Principal Swanby from her seat in the stands.  "The Faraday Memorial Clinic will have to examine her.  I'll make my final decision based on what they tell me."

"What's she going to do," Jodie's mother wails.  "Swimming competition's her whole life?" 

"Tell Jodie that there is another natural half-mermaid at school. If she is able to cope, then so should Jodie."

"...it is odd that there are no male merpeople, only females that we know of."

"I'm not allowed to say her name. The Trismatic Council knows her. Anyways, the Council will get in touch with her and she'll decide if it is ok to reveal her secret with her. As for me...honestly you don't want to know why I'm close to the Council except it has to do with my cousin Rebecca."

The first heat ends.  While the second heat swimmers go to the blocks and the scorers and timers work, Nancy gets permission to give Jodie a quick lesson on mermaid-style swimming in the pool. 

At the time, Coach Kramer says to Jodie's mother, "I'm going to make Jodie the student assistant coach."

"Thank you," Jodie's mother says.

At the same time, Nancy says, "The mermaid-style kick is the dolphin or butterfly kick."

10 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Rob looks at the audience.  Does he see anyone he knows who doesn't go to hos school in the audience?

There are some adults there that could be parents of the members of the two swim teams.  Additionally, the Sailor Scouts are still there.

In unrelated news, Jodie changes back to human and she and Nancy vacate the pool by the audience-side ladder at the deep end.

13 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"Yeah, I am, Lady Heart," Sailor Moon replies.  (She saw Rob change once.)

Using an almost whisper, Rob replies "Why not shout it to the moon, Sailor Moon? Not enough enimies know who I really am."

In a more serious tone of voice, but still in a whisper, he continued. "So, how are things? Still being bothered by that odd tuxedo dressed guy?"

53 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Using an almost whisper, Rob replies "Why not shout it to the moon, Sailor Moon? Not enough enimies know who I really am."

In a more serious tone of voice, but still in a whisper, he continued. "So, how are things? Still being bothered by that odd tuxedo dressed guy?"

"Yeah," Sailor Moon replies.

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

"For now," Sailor Moon says.

"What's going to happen to Jodie?" Sailor Mercury asks.

"I don't know. That would be up to Jodie. The Junor Justice Foundation can use an aquatic hero for water rescues. She could use the Council's advice and help adjusting to being a part mythological being. It is not like it was with us after all. We have advisors to lead us." Rob starts petting Luna. "Yuri is going to get jealous you know. But I haven't seen her in a while. Prehaps she is doing celestial bureaucracy stuff."

52 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"I don't know. That would be up to Jodie. The Junior Justice Foundation can use an aquatic hero for water rescues. She could use the Council's advice and help adjusting to being a part mythological being. It is not like it was with us after all. We have advisors to lead us." Rob starts petting Luna. "Yuri is going to get jealous you know. But I haven't seen her in a while. Prehaps she is doing celestial bureaucracy stuff."

"She's also going to have to find out if it's a genetic mutation or not," Sailor Mercury says.  "The Faraday Memorial Clinic should be able to help her find out."

7 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"She's also going to have to find out if it's a genetic mutation or not," Sailor Mercury says.  "The Faraday Memorial Clinic should be able to help her find out."

"Well, this is not a generic condition." Rob gestures to his Godstone bracelet. "Othoe having to change into a girl to tap into it is slightly disturbing, but understandable. Both our sources of power depend on gender, as the Council told me. If you have any problems you girls need help with, feal free to ask. You know the number to the Council, and the Justice Foundation."

In between a pur from Luna, still pretending to be a normal cat, he whispers "That includes you also." He then leaves them to watch the rest of the swim meet. 

A high school swim meet, including warmups and signing in, normally lasts about three hours for swimmers of one sex.  However, due to Jodie's transformation, the meet will be placed on hold, by the referee, until the next day after the first event, the 200-yard medley relay, is completed.  All tickets will be honored.

3 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

A high school swim meet, including warmups and signing in, normally lasts about three hours for swimmers of one sex.  However, due to Jodie's transformation, the meet will be placed on hold, by the referee, until the next day after the first event, the 200-yard medley relay, is completed.  All tickets will be honored.

"Nothing to see here till tomorrow then." He walks back to Usagi and the others. "You three got any plans ..err...four? I know a nice ice cream parlor, my treat. I just hope Doreen doesn't get jealous."

52 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Nothing to see here till tomorrow then." He walks back to Usagi and the others. "You three got any plans ..err...four? I know a nice ice cream parlor, my treat. I just hope Doreen doesn't get jealous."

"We have a lot of homework," Sailor Mercury says.

18 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"We have a lot of homework," Sailor Mercury says.

"Of course. But you wouldn't have so much homework if Serena would just study for once, would you. It is a pity, such pretty intelligence is shown in your eyes. And fiery passion in the miko's eyes. And great humor and compassion in Serena's eyes. Any boyfriend you three get would be happy to have you three." Rob smiles then walks away, looking for Doreen.

Once he found her, he smiles. "Let's go and get some ice cream before we file out our report."